View Full Description
Noise free audio
The iRig Mic Cast HD allows you to record pristine audio anywhere using your iPhone, iPad or Android device. This is achieved using dual gold-sputtered electret condenser capsules. Particularly accurate for speech, the capsules deliver excellent detail that’s normally unattainable with your devices microphone. 24-bit, 96kHz A/D converters offer premium sound quality allowing you to always sound your best.
Great from every angle
The innovative design of the iRig Mic Cast HD allows you to select between front or rear cardioid and a bi-directional figure-8 polar pattern. This helps reject off-axis noise regardless of the application. The result is clear, impressive recordings from all angles around your device.
Ready for everything
Take the microphone everywhere. Weighing just a few ounces, this lightweight mic mounts directly onto your device. The innovative design means you can snap the mic on with ease, securing it in place. This works over devices with a protective case, making it ideal for location work.
Supports your workflow
The microphone is compatible with any app that records audio, allowing the iRig Mic Cast HD to seamlessly integrate into your current recording setup. This provides a noticeable sonic upgrade for vloggers, interviews and users making video calls. The built-in headphone out can be used to monitor the signal in real-time, ideal for smartphones models without a headphone jack.
Alternatively, the iRig Mic Cast HD comes with Lightning, Micro-USB and USB-C cables, allowing it to work with all devices. Also included is iRig Recorder 3 LE, an intuitive audio and video recording app designed to work with the iRig Mic Cast HD. Within the app, you are able to record, trim, edit and share directly from your device.
Perfect on the go
The small design of the iRig Mic Cast HD ensures it can be taken with you wherever you intend to record. The adjustable gain and included windscreen allow the iRig Mic Cast HD to perform in the most extreme environments. Best of all, no batteries are necessary. To improve your video and audio quality further, combine the iRig Mic Cast HD with other items in 'The Creater' series.
- iRig Mic Cast HD microphone
- Lightning to micro-USB connection cable (16cm/6.3")
- USB C-Type to micro-USB connection cable (30cm/11.81")
- micro-USB OTG-Type to micro-USB connection cable (16cm/6.3")
- 2x ferromagnetic plates
- Selectable front / rear / bi-directional recording
- Snap-on magnetic mounting, even with a case
- Rejects off-axis noise for quiet recording
- 24-bit 96 kHz converters for crystal clear sound
- 2 gold-sputtered professional condenser capsules
- Headphone out with selectable direct/processed signal
- Works with virtually all audio and video apps
- Includes Lightning, Micro-USB and USB-C cables
- Includes windscreen for outdoor use
- Microphone Type: condenser, electret
- Capsule Size: 2x 0.55 inch
- Polar Pattern: cardioid, figure-of-8 (F+R)
- Interface Type: USB digital microphone with built-in preamp
- Conversion: 24-bit A/D, 24-bit D/A
- Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure: 125 dB SPL
- Sensitivity: -40 dB, 10 mV/Pa
- Gain: adjustable over a 48 dB range
- Controls: gain buttons, capsule selector and direct monitor switch
- Metering: Built-in multicolor LED for status and audio level indication
- Connector Type: Micro-USB
- Headphones Output: 1/8” TRS jack
- Power: powered by connected device
- Dimensions: 50mm x 27mm x 24mm
- Weight: 25g/0.88oz
- Product code: IP-IRIG-CASTHD-IN