View Full Description
Analog Percussion Synth Machine
The Hexinverter Mutant Machine is a comprehensive analog percussion synth machine in the Eurorack module format. At the heart of the Mutant Machine module is a range of oscillators, comprised of unique Inverter Core oscillators and voltage controlled noise oscillators. Each of the analog oscillators boasts three waveforms each, providing creative sound design capabilities. The module itself is separated into four different sections including the modulation controls, the Snappy circuit, the Membrane circuit and the connectivity section. The Membrane section is comprised of two analog VCOs, providing the main body of the sound. You can use the wide range of controls and attenuators to dial in the right amount of levels for each parameter. This allows you to achieve everything from in-your-face bass drums to 808-style snares and everything in between.
In-Depth Modulation Control
The comprehensive modulation control provides you with the means to sculpt and shape your tones, providing exceptional sound design capabilities. The modular design provides the Machine with a wide range of aux applications, ideal for modular sound design of a range of sources. As well as features three selectable waveforms per oscillator, the Mutant Machine also boasts Detune, Pitch, Frequency, Output Drive, Membrane Decay and other controls for expanding your creative arsenal.
One of the most unique features of the Mutant Machine is the waveform scanning features which provides you with even more ways to create complex timbres. The Membrane's waveforms can be automatically scanned through by the Wavescanner's voltage controlled clock generator. It also allows you scan them through an external clock or VCO, ideal for creating complex sounds and experimentation. The Scan Freq CV provides a unique form of timbre control, turning the Mutant Machine into a complex oscillator via the Waves output. The Enable input gives you the ability to use the Wavescanner as a gate, choosing between on/off states via a CV or gate signal.
The Snappy section of the Mutant Machine provides the means to further add to the timbre, by introducing noise generation elements. It helps to mutate and build on your sound, providing a range of harsher textures that can be utilised to create a range of sounds and tones. A Click which occurs at the start of the Snappy sound, provides volume control for itself, independent of the main decaying Snappy texture for added flexibility.
The Mutant Machine provides a wide range of analog and CV connectivity, allowing you to modulate all your sounds, as well as accepting a range of input sources. The module boasts a total of 13 control voltage and audio inputs for a wide range of modulation options. The 7 audio and CV/gate outputs allow you to interact with external modules, ideal for sound experimentation. The Wave and Noise oscillator’s boasts their own dedicated outputs, allowing you to use the module as a complex VCO, when you are not synthesizing percussive sounds. Some of the connections also come complete with LED indicators for quick and easy monitoring such as the Noise, Clock and Trigger connections.
- Unique Inverter Core oscillators form the MEMBRANE. Each analog oscillator has three waveforms to select from
- Capable of synthesizing everything from heavy-hitting bassdrums to classic 909-style snares and other complex timbres
- Modular design gives the Machine many auxiliary purposes, great for modular sound design of many varieties, and not just percussion
- The SNAPPY section is comprised of a voltage controlled noise oscillator, for modelling the noisy part of drum timbres
- Both MEMBRANE and SNAPPY elements have an external input for replacing the built-in sound sources, opening up many avenues of possibility
- 13 control voltage and audio inputs, for a fully modular drum experience
- 7 audio and CV/gate outputs for maximum integration with other modules
- Dedicated outputs for each WAVE and NOISE oscillator mean you can use the Machine as a complex VCO in your system, when not synthesizing percussion
- The MEMBRANE’s waveforms can be scanned through automatically by the wavescanner’s voltage controlled clock generator, or an external clock or VCO can be used
- SCAN FREQ CV forms a unique form of timbre control, making the Machine act like a complex oscillator at its WAVES output
- The ENABLE input allows you to gate the wavescanner on and off with a CV or gate signal
- Size: 29HP
- Depth: 30mm
- Power: +139mA, -115mA @ 12V