View Full Description
Easy to Use
Looking for a no-hassle setup? The Hexinverter Mutant Brain lets you easily set up MIDI within your eurorack. Unlike MIDI to CV devices that use MIDI-learn technology to program their ports, the Mutant Brain loads a SysEx file that you create by filling out a simple web form.
Once it’s done you won’t need to keep uploading until you decide to change it. The module will act exactly as you have programmed it until you change it, allowing you to set and forget. This means you can keep a seamless link between your favourite MIDI gear and your modular rack.
It’s quick to set up, and quick to load a new SysEx file. You can even try setting up a modular keyboard patch with note velocity, or even use your DAW to sequence your modular. You can do that and so much more with the Mutant Brain.
Versatile and Highly Configurable
There’s a lot you can do with the Mutant Brain. It’s highly configurable, but all the changes need to be made over MIDI. You can easily set up configuration parameters using a web page (http://mutantbrainsurgery.hexinverter.net/). Head to the website and you’ll be able to download and save MIDI SysEx files to your computer. These can then be sent to the new configuration and you can save the file for later use.
You can control polyphonic synthesizer voices or multi-channel drum setups. Triggers, gates, clock divisions, sync singles, polyphonic keyboard playing, velocity, LFOs, you name it, it’s all possible with the Mutant Brain.
Mutant Brain provides a versatile and highly configurable link between your stage and studio MIDI gear.
- Highly configurable using online web form (http://mutantbrainsurgery.hexinverter.net/)
- 16 eurorack compatible outputs are all configurable as a plethora of different functions
- 4 CV outputs and 12 digital Gate/Trig outputs available to assign
- All 16 outputs are capable of having different MIDI channels and/or note ranges assigned to them
- No menu diving, simply set up on web form, save, download and send to module
- Remembers your MIDI SysEx patch until you want to change it, even when power turns off
- Each GATE output has an adjustable trigger length between 1 and 120ms
- 4 CV outputs can be:
- Notes (mono or polyphonic, V/oct, or V/Hz)
- Pitch bend, velocity, or aftertouch
- MIDI CC values (LFOs, modulation)
- Fixed voltage values
- 12 GATE outputs can be:
- Note gates and triggers
- Drum triggers, retriggers
- MIDI transport (start, stop, run, resets)
- MIDI clock ticks (divisions)
- CC value above/below threshold)
- Size: 8HP
- Depth: 30mm
- Current Draw: +50mA, -4mA @ 12V