View Full Description
Special Offer - Plugin Collective
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite and the plug-in will then be automatically delivered to your registered account. For more information please check the promotional offer page.
The ISA microphone pre-amplifier was first introduced back in 1985. This transformer-based pre-amplifier formed the first half of the ISA110 mic-pre and EQ module on Focusrite's critically acclaimed Forte console. This console, and the later Studio console were hailed by many as the finest sounding consoles ever built.
The preamp is complemented by a line input and an independent D.I. channel, complete with dedicated gain control, active or passive impedance switch, a TRS Jack output for routing to an amp and an independent XLR output on the rear. This flexible independent D.I. makes the ISA One ideal both for engineers wishing to blend a D.I.'d guitar signal with a mic'd guitar cabinet, and for demanding performers who require a single classic solution for both guitar and vocals.
A variable impedance circuit has been added, allowing the user to switch between four carefully selected input impedance settings. In addition to the original ISA110 impedance, three further impedance settings allow perfect matching, or creative mismatching of the preamp with any microphone. ISA One also features an insert point, should the need arise to place extra processing between the preamp or D.I. and the optional converter. Phantom power, phase reverse and a 75Hz, 18dB/octave high-pass filter are also available from the angled front fascia.
Independent input metering for both channels is provided in the form of a moving coil VU meter with variable calibration to suit analogue and digital recording media, alongside two six-LED peak meters; inputs can be metered either pre- or post-insert. The meter calibrations utilise all the same reference points as Avid's Pro Tools HD system, allowing effortless line-up.
ISA One's headphone output features a dedicated volume control, which delivers an external stereo cue mix (a simple click track or a stereo mix feed from an interface or a live console) fed to the headphones via two TRS jack inputs on the rear of the unit.
Mic Pre Masters
Focusrite are world renowned for the premium design and build quality of their microphone preamps, offering professional results for home and commercial recording. The Mic Pre Masters website provides video demonstrations and interactive audio stems which allow you to hear isolated tracks from recordings done exclusively through Focusrite preamps. The interactive demonstrations allow you to hear exactly how each preamp from the Focusrite range treats individual instrument elements to ensure you purchase the perfect interface for your desired application.
Mic Pre Masters Stems:
- Rugged and portable transformer-based pre amp
- Classic ISA mic preamp design with Lundahl LL1538 input transformer
- Line input (XLR and TRS Jack)
- Independent D.I. channel
- Insert Point
- VU Meter
- Six Led Peak meters
- Headphone out with dedicated volume control
- Optional Stereo A/D Converter provides two channels of 24 bit/192kHz A-D conversion with a dynamic range of 119dB.
Mic Input Response
- Gain Range (Mic): 0dB - 60dB in 10dB Steps 20 dB of Variable Gain
- EIN (Mic): -126dB Measured @ 60dB of Gain w/150 Ohm Terminating Impedance & 22Hz/22kHz Band-Pass Filter
- Noise (Mic): Noise @ Output w/Unity Gain (0 dB) & 22 Hz-22 kHz Band Pass Filter-97 dBu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mic): 106 dB Relative to Max Headroom (9dBu)
- Frequency Response (Mic): @ Minimum Gain (0 dB)-0.5dB Down @ 10Hz & -3dB Down @ 125kHz
- CMRR (Mic): 98dB (Channel 1, 1kHz, Maximum Gain w/24 dBu Input)
- Crosstalk Channel to Channel (Mic): 10dB@1kHz Input to chA, chB Output =104dBrA. 10dB@10kHz Input to chA, chB Output = 84dBrA
Line Input Response
- Gain Range (Line): -20dB - 10dB in 10dB Steps 20 dB of Variable Gain
- Input Impedance (Line): 10 kO from 10 Hz - 200 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion Noise (Line): Measured w/a 0 dBu Input Signal, & a 22 Hz-22 kHz Band Pass Filter0.0001
- Frequency Response (Line): @ Unity Gain (0 dB)-0.3dB Down @ 10Hz & -3dB Down @ 200kHz
Instrument Input Response
- Gain Range (Instrument): 10dB - 40dB Continuously Variable
- Input Impedance (Instrument): High = Greater than 1M Low = Greater than 300k
- THD (Instrument): At Minimum Gain ( 10)
- Roll-Off: 18 dB per Octave (3 Pole Filter)
- Frequency: Fixed 75Hz Measured @ the 3dB Down Point
- Width: 220mm
- Depth: 254 - 290mm
- Height: 104mm
- Weight: 3.9 kg (8.6 lbs)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.