View Full Description
Controlled By CVs & MIDI
All the parameters of a wavetable can be controlled either by CV or MIDI. You can use both CV and a MIDI controller, or use the potentiometers on the Flame 4 VOX to manually morph through a wavetable, modulating your sound on-the-fly. The Flame 4 VOX allows you to control parameters such as detune, semitone, octave, chord, portamento, amplitude, and amp move. MIDI allows you to modulate some additional parameters with an external MIDI controller such as pitch bend, notes, chords, patch selection, and more. The VCOs can be played analog, monophonic via MIDI, or 4-voice polyphonic via MIDI.
The Flame 4 VOX features 4 VCOs. Each features a pitch control, range of inputs and outputs for CV, gate, and LFO, as well as 2 programmable control knobs. The LED is used to navigate through the different wavetables and control the voices, playmode, and chords. When selecting a voice you can change the amount of detune, the wavetable, octave, semitone, portamento, and amplitude, providing you with a range of flexibility. Each VCO can play 4 voices at once, resulting in a total of 16 voices with the 4 VCOs. You can choose different settings for each voice through the menu to gather a range of different tones. Create both simple and complex patches by combining the 4 voices together with different settings. All global parameters can also be saved and recalled with the 32 available memory locations.
Each VCO can be used as a voltage controllable LFO with 3 different playmodes. You can choose between loop, one-shot, and gated modes, all offering different characteristics. In LOOP mode, the SYNC input is used to trigger/reset the LFO, resulting in the same type of modulation. In ONE-SHOT mode the LFO can be used as a trigger delay. The GATED mode can be used in combination with an envelope generator.
- 4 VCOs
- Quad polyphonic wavetable oscillator
- 4 voices per VCO channel (maximum of 16 voices)
- Can be controlled by CVs or directly via MIDI (MIDI allows for modulation of some additional parameters)
- 39 x 16-bit wavetables, each with 64 waveforms
- Save and recall patches (32 user patches for VCO settings)
- Control detune, wavetable, octave, semitone, portamento, amplitude, chord, and pitch
- Can be used as a voltage controllable LFO with 3 modes (loop, one-shot, gated)
- Graphic display
- Size: 29HP
- Power: 180mA @ +12V, 50mA @ -12V
- MIDI input
- 4 x pitch inputs
- 8 x CV inputs (individually programmable)
- 4 x sync/reset inputs
- 4 x gate outputs
- 4 x VCO/LFO outputs