View Full Description
The best gets better
Developed to be the only delay plug-in you will ever need, Timeless 3 has implemented a staggering amount of new features and workflow arrangements that make creating your dream delay, easier than ever before. A completely redesigned interface cuts out any
unnecessary, bulky boxes or menus and simplifies it into a sleek and streamlined set of parameters that won't interfere with the interactive display and allows you to freely express your creativity, quickly. Designed to allow you to turbo-charge your workflow speed, Timeless 3 carefully curates which dials and parameters are larger in the display, drawing your eye to them to encourage more creative use of the delay. The large interactive display shows the changes you make in real-time, giving you a visual representation of the delay time and stereo offset between left and right, the feedback volume, stereo width and the EQ curve of your affected signal with selectable pre and post views.
All new ping-pong mode allows you to create some interesting stereo spread between the left and right channels through an automated switch, or manually via the 'Taps' section. A unique and exciting way to explore sound design, Taps lets you manually load up to 16 taps in a granular, completely free-form fashion with the ability to adjust the timing, gain and stereo spread, making ping-pong effects easier than ever to set up.
Get creative and explore the options of pitch shifting within Timeless 3, allowing you to jump up or down an octave within the delay trails and select whether this is set inside the feedback loop or outside the feedback loop, letting you control whether globally your repeats deviate in pitch or whether after each subsequent delay, the pitch is adjusted. This is not only handy for creative sound design of otherworldly effects, but subtle pitch-shifting can produce a de-tuning effect, giving your sound extra depth and character.
Timeless 3 also includes upgraded and improved versions of previous filter models as well as adding EQ-style bell, shelf and notch filters to carve out your tone to fit the context of your mix with ease. Up to six filters can be used on the affected signal and all will be easily adjusted within the interactive display, giving you instant access to the frequency, slope and Q changes of each filter.
Timeless 3 truly is a gamechanger for delay plug-ins and with all of the new changes that have been made, we'd recommend taking a look over the User Manual for a detailed breakdown of everything to expect.
Getting started with modulation within Timeless 3 is incredibly easy, with an intuitive drag-and-drop system where you can insert any amount of XLFO's, Envelope Generators and MIDI sources as you will ever need together in a customized chain. Visual feedback is provided to show you the source of your modulation on any block in your matrix, allowing you to quickly and easily adjust parameters. The new and improved modulation sources ensure that you will be able to freely express your creativity and achieve the sound in your head with absolute ease, whether you're looking to offset your XLFO Speed to the attack parameter of your Envelope Follower or the feedback level of your delay signal, Timeless 3 lets you actualise your design.
In the traditional FabFilter style, you are given much more than just the basics of what you'd expect from other delay plug-ins, instead you are given a plethora of performance and functionality options that help you improve your workflow and get to your end goal quicker than ever. Timeless 3 prides itself on being the most all-inclusive delay plug-in available and this is evident in the perfectly tuned knobs with seamless sweeping that don't encounter dead-spots, Undo/Redo and A/B switching, sample-accurate automation, advanced audio-optimisation and much more under the hood that makes Timeless 3 stand out from the crowd.
Employing the same attention to detail that can be found in the existing catalogue of FabFilter products, Timeless 3 gives you the best experience possible to deliver the results you expect from FabFilter. Utilising smart parameter interpolation, Timeless 3 ensures that each setting change is performed smoothly with a high degree of responsiveness. Now, you can cycle through settings to find what will work best with your sound source without the distracting and offputting clicks, digital distortion artefacts or 'zipper' effects. When combined with the improved MIDI learn function, FabFilter Timeless 3 responds immaculately when used in conjunction with a MIDI controller, meaning that when performing live, you can map each parameter to your chosen controller and adjust settings on the fly without any distractions, giving your audience the best listening experience possible.
If you are new to entering the world of creative synthesizer design, Timeless 3 has got you covered. With extensive help files and interactive help hints per parameter, you can learn the function of each parameter to make accurate decisions on your sound design. Additionally, you can save each part of your signal chain as a preset or save it globally for an overall preset that you can recall in an instant in future sessions.
- Five new effects that can be modulated to colour the sound in unique ways including Drive, Lo-Fi, Diffusion, Dynamics and Pitch Shifting
- Includes a spectrum analyser for the output of your affected signal
- Redesigned interface, developed from the ground up to allow for a fluid workflow
- Stunning modulation engine
- Artefact-free behaviour when changing the delay time
- Up to six filters can be applied including Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass filters or bell, shelving and notch EQ filters
- Added 6 dB filter slope option
- Up to 16 delay taps allow you to create rhythmic patterns that can be modulated individually
- Improved sound quality of filters, internal saturation and of each repeat
- Highly stable feedback and crosstalk with modulatable freeze option
- Mid/Side processing
- All new ping-pong modes for delay pan between the stereo field
- Visual feedback for modulation targets and sources
- Includes a huge number of factory presets curated by expert sound designers
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Scalable interface size with full-screen mode
- Drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- Compatible with Pro Tools hardware controllers
- MIDI learn function to map controls to a MIDI controller or keyboard
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Per-component presets
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats
- MacOS Requirements:
- System:macOS 10.10 or higher (64-bit only)
- Format: AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Processor: Intel or Apple Silicon processor
- Windows Requirements:
- System: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista (64-Bit or 32-Bit)
- Format: VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Plug-in Format: VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite
- Product code: 1246-1739