View Full Description
Initially designed for the award-winning FabFilter One, Simplon's filters have been redesigned from the ground up to be the smoothest, self-oscillating digital filters as possible with the right amount of analog characteristics and sound. Each of the filters features a huge range of tonal shaping possibilities with three different characteristics to modify the behaviour and distortion qualities of the filter, as well as the ability to adjust the Slope aggressiveness, Frequency and Peak and Response. In total, Simplon offers up to 27 different filter types, meaning there's a huge variety of different settings you can explore to filter almost any sound source.
A world of sound design
Featuring a huge range of possible tonal shaping options, Simplon's two multi-mode filters can help take any idea you may have and transform them into new sonic soundscapes that aim to inspire and produce creativity. Each filter has the following parameters for editing to either subtly or drastically alter the sound, Frequency and Peak, Characteristic, Response and Slope.
Frequency and Peak allows you to adjust just that, the frequency and peak of your filter! Adjustable from 5Hz to 75kHz with adjustable resonance, Simplon will even self-oscillate at the maximum resonance level for added variation. The frequency knob controls the centre frequency of each filter and the Peak knob adjusts the filter resonance. Gently pushing the resonance will drive your sound into a soft and warm character.
With the Characteristic of Simplon, you are given three options to chose from that will transform your sound and open your tonal palette. Firstly, you are provided with the exact same tone as FabFilter One, the original characteristic taken from the award-winning plug-in of the same name, here the filter is ideal for general usage. Secondly is the Gentle character, giving you a smooth and clean characteristic, ideal for using with softer sound sources to give them a rounded edge that sits in the mix. Lastly, there is the Raw tone, full of overdrive and harmonics that takes on a completely new persona compared to the rest, making it perfect for already distorted tones to mould together and create a cohesive soundscape.
The response of each filter can be set to either Low, High or Band Pass. This is where you will be able to adjust the parameter based on what you're aiming to achieve with your filtering by either cutting the highs, lows or focusing on a targetted frequency range. This is used in conjunction with the Slope function that determines the steepness of the filter slope, letting you control how aggressive the filtering is between 12/24/48dB per octave. With both parameters, you can tailor the filtering perfectly to any sound source whether you want subtle and gentle tone-shaping or whether you want to completely transform the sound.
Highly intelligent design
Pushing the boundary of what's possible in a plug-in, FabFilter continuously seeks to find new ways to bring a better experience to the user through clever design and functionality. The Simplon is no different, with intelligent MIDI learn to work with any MIDI keyboard or controller, whereby you can assign each of Simplon's parameters to a dial or fader on your controller and perform live with your plug-in as an instrument, smart parameter interpolation that delivers precise and smooth transitions between settings ensuring there are no unwanted digital clicks and pops.
Additionally, Simplon has been created with the modern producer in mind, utilising low CPU usage through innovative AltiVec and SSE optimizations. With sample-accurate automation changes, it makes the Simplon much more than a reductive filter plug-in.
- Includes two state-of-the-art multi-mode filters
- Each filter contains three unique characteristics
- Lowpass, highpass and bandpass filters with 12/24/48dB per octave options
- Serial and parallel filtering modes
- Stunning display with intuitive controls and layout
- Spaced out buttons and dials make it the ultimate choice for live performances
- Featuers Undo and Redo for quick recall of previous settings
- Comprehensive preset browser, divided into categories
- MIDI Learn function to connect to your MIDI devices
- Intelligent Parameter Interpolation
- Interactive help hints
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit)
- Sample-accurate automation of each parameter
- MacOS Requirements:
- System:macOS 10.10 or higher (64-bit only)
- Format: AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Processor: Intel or Apple Silicon processor
- Windows Requirements:
- System: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- Format: VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Plug-in Format: VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite
- Product code: 1246-149