View Full Description
4018V capsule - linear response with a high-end boost
Optimized for vocals and spoken word, the d:facto 4018 delivers outstanding performance with a choice of two capsules. This version is equipped with the versatile 4018V capsule.
The 4018V boasts a linear response with a soft boost of 3dB at 12kHz. This allows your sound to cut through the mix in a wide range of environments. It is particularly useful when the end-result is likely to be heard through speakers with limited performance capabilities, such as those that are built-in to televisions.
Both capsules utilise a precise supercardioid polar pattern, granting exceptional isolation. They handle loud sound sources with ease thanks to an included three-step pop protection grid. Whichever version you choose, the 4018 lets you capture every nuance of your performance with class-leading transparency.
DPA d:facto SE2-ew wireless adapter
If you own a Sennheiser 2000/6000/9000/DI/Evolution wireless system, the 4018V-B-SE2 is the perfect choice for you. This class-leading microphone comes complete with an SE2-ew adapter for seamless connectivity with your current system.
If you ever plan to change your wireless system later down the line, all you have to do is switch the adapter out for one of DPA's other wireless adapters (available separately). For a quarter of the cost of a new mic, you can retain that same sonic performance but with the ability to switch to a new system with ease. DPA's modular design provides you with one of the most adaptable mic solutions in the world.
Impedance balancing with Active Drive
DPA strive to deliver outstanding sonic performance with every single one of their products. The DPA 4018V is no exception. The company has taken a different design approach to ensure that you retain excellent signal integrity with uncompromised transparency.
DPA's Active Drive electronic impedance balancing delivers an array of advantages over traditional transformer-coupled output stages. One such perk is a consistent signal amplitude whether the input connection is balanced or unbalanced, and with or without an input transformer. The 4018V takes full advantage of this technology, improving symmetrical damping and lowering distortion.
Active Drive provides the 4018V with a CMRR of >50dB at 1kHz. This means that less than a thousandth of the normal noise energy will pass through your microphone's circuitry. This technology achieves all of this without employing the need for transformers that would degrade the quality of your audio and introduce audible artefacts into your signal.
"They just sound great. The d:facto Vocal Microphone is genius. Even in a small club I can get it as loud as most dynamic mics without hideous feedback, but the sound quality and intelligibility is still there." - Phil Jones, Front of House Engineer for Royal Blood
"The price is going to put a lot of people off, as this is an expensive microphone — but when I told the singer it cost seven times more than the microphone he was currently using, his response was that it sounded it!" - Sound on Sound
"Moving into a sanctuary with a central speaker cluster above and just in front of the stage, it was easy to achieve more than sufficient levels for spoken word or lead vocals without feedback, even in a particular location under the speakers where the angle of the ceiling often creates a feedback-prone zone. EQ was set flat for the test, and the sound engineer complimented the neutral, intelligible character of the audio response." - Church Production
What's In The Box
- 1 x DPA d:facto 4018V 4018V-B-SE2 Vocal Mic, High-End Boost
- 1 x DPA d:facto SE2-ew Wireless Adapter (Sennheiser 2000/6000/9000/DI/Evolution)
- 1 x DPA d:facto DUA0710 Microphone Grid, Black
- Capsule: 4018V (linear response with high-end boost)
- Sound Pressure Level: Max. 160dB (peak before clipping)
- Colour: Matte black
- Wired/Wireless: Wireless (DPA d:facto SE2-ew Wireless Adapter - Sennheiser 2000/6000/9000/DI/Evolution)
- An incredibly natural and full sound
- Perfectly uniform supercardioid polar pattern
- High separation and isolation
- Handles extreme SPLs - up to 160dB before clipping occurs
- Ultra-low handling noise
- Sleek and ergonomic design
- Compatible with DPA's extensive adapter system (adapters available separately)
- Directional Pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of Operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz, permanent third order high-pass filter at 80Hz
- +/-2dB at 12cm: 100Hz - 16kHz with 3dB soft boost at 12kHz
- Sensitivity: 5mV/Pa; -46dB re. 1V/Pa (nominal, +/-2dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: Typ. 19dB(A) re. 20µPa (max. 21dB(A)) (A-weighted)
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 75dB(A) (A-weighted, re. 1kHz at 1Pa, 94dB SPL)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <1 percent up to 139dB SPL peak
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 120dB
- Maximum SPL: 160dB peak before clipping
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Minimum Load Impedance: 1k Ohm
- Cable Drive Capability: 100m / 328ft
- Output Balance Principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >50dB at 1kHz
- Power Supply: 48V (+/-4V) phantom power (for full performance)
- Current Consumption: Max. 2mA
- Maximum Output Voltage: 8V (RMS)
- Polarity: +V at pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Connector: Male 3-pin XLR (pin 1: shield, pin 2: signal + phase, pin 3: - phase)
- Colour: Matte black
- Capsule Diameter: 19mm / 0.75''
- Microphone Length: 205mm / 8.1''
- Temperature Range: -40°C to 45°C / -40°F to 113°F
- Relative Humidity: Up to 90 percent