View Full Description
Capture The Sound Of Abbey Road Studios
The Chandler Limited Abbey Road Studios EMI TG Microphone brings the iconic sound of Abbey Road to your studio. This premium-grade condenser microphone utilises circuitry taken from the EMI TG12410, specially re-purposed for this microphone.
Unlike other high-end microphones, the EMI TG is not a clone of a vintage microphone. It uses specially-designed components and circuitry to achieve the unique TG sound. It combines a Dual-Tone voicing system with a NAB./IEC Tape Equalizer and onboard controls for switching between different modes.
Exceptional Audio Fidelity and Performance
The high-end components and excellent craftmanship result in an extended frequency range. The wide frequency range captures every nuance of your source audio, resulting in studio-grade audio fidelity. The gold-sputtered transducer combine with the vintage EMI TG12410 circuitry delivers a unique tonality that can be used to record various sources.
The microphone features omnidirectional and cardioid polar patterns, allowing you to cater to both vocals and instruments. Also included is a built-in 10dB pad. This can be useful for recording hotter signals.
Onboard Low Cut Filter
Built in to the microphone is a specialised low-cut filter. The low-cut filter features two selectable settings: 90Hz or 50Hz. The low-cut filter can be used for a variety of purposes, from removing unwanted low-end sound to cleaning up guitar and vocal signals.
Integrated Tape Equalizer
The Tape Equalizer is taken from the NAB/IEC tape EQ facility features on the EMI TG12410 transfer and mastering consoles. The Tape Equalizer was commonly used to improve the performance of tapes played back on machines.
This repurposed tape EQ allows you to shape the sound from the source, eliminated the need for external tweaking. The combination of the Dual-Tone system, the integrated tape EQ and selectable polar patterns allows you to achieve to create a set of 5 additional tonal variations.
One of the most unique features of the EMI TG Microphone is the ‘Dual Tone System’. This versatile technology extends the versatility of the microphone. This allows you to capture recordings from virtually any sound source with exceptional sound reproduction. The ‘A’ tone is the standard TG-style sound with mid-forward emphasis. The ‘B’ setting provides a more pristine sound, providing higher SPLs for hotter sources.
- Sold-state, large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Dual Tone system delivers versatile tonality
- One-of-a-kind sound, not a clone of a vintage microphone
- Specialised low-cut filter with two selectable settings
- Dedicated external power supply
- NAB/IEC tape equalizer facility found on vintage EMI TG12410 transfer consoles
- Ideal for capturing instrument and vocal recordings
- Gold membrane transducer
- Comes complete with a Shockmount, 25’ Mogami 4-pin mic cable, dedicated PSU, and wooden case are included
- Microphone Type: Large diaphragm condenser
- Transducer Type: Gold membrane, custom spec.
- Circuit Type: TG, Solid-state
- Dual Tone System: A/B voicing
- Tape Equalizer: TG, 5 settings
- Low-Cut Filter: Switchable— Out, 90 Hz/50 Hz
- Patterns: Cardioid / Omni
- Pad: 10 dB / Switchable
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Power: External, PSU included
- Mic Cable: 4 Pin, 25' Mogami, included
- Shockmount Case: Included, wooden case