View Full Description
HDX/USB 3.0 Audio Interface
The Antelope Audio Orion Studio HD builds on the success of its predecessor, providing HDX connectivity for high-end native DAWs such as Avid Pro Tools. The 64-channel configuration features extensive connectivity and premium-grade components that result is exceptional audio fidelity and performance. The Orion Studio HD can integrate with virtually any existing studio setup, providing a robust solution for your recording and monitoring capabilities. As well as featuring a wide range of microphone and instrument connectivity, the Orion Studio HD Audio Interface also boasts a high-speed USB 3.0 port and a comprehensive library of real-time, hardware-based FPGA FX. It also boasts a pair of studio-grade monitor outputs, delivering exceptional clarity and sonic performance, ideal for mixing and mastering purposes.
Mic Preamps, Hi-Z and Line Preamps
With 12 high-end, Class-A microphone preamps, the Orion Studio HD is ideal for capturing studio-grade vocal recordings; combined with its real-time hardware-based FX for optimal audio performance. The high-end microphone preamps are accessed from the front-panel combination inputs as well as providing further inputs on the rear of the unit. You can also expand your channels by using the integrated ADAT connection. These high-end instrument and vocal connections ensure you capture every nuance of your source material, resulting in studio-grade recordings that can be used in any professional environment.
High-End AD/DA Conversion & Clocking
The premium-grade internal AD/DA converters provide sample rates ranging up to 24-bit/192kHz for optimal audio fidelity and performance. The Orion Studio HD uses the same AD converters from the newly released Orion Studio Rev. 2017. The enhanced converters provide a boosted dynamic range of 124dB for flexible headroom. The result is sonic excellence, that captures every subtle detail from your input sources. The dynamic range means the interface can capture virtually any audio source from high-level electric guitars to vocal ensembles and more. The superior clocking capabilities is thanks to the custom 64-bit Acoustically Focussed Clocking (AFC jitter management technology). It provides unparalleled stability and audio detail, similar to OCX HD and Trinity clocking.
Software Control & FPGA FX
One of the most unique and convenient features of the Orion Studio HD is the ability to control the interface via applications and software. The dedicated desktop applications give you control over nearly every aspect of the interface, providing two routing matrix view modes, as well as Full Session Saving. You can also save and load routing, FX and monitoring settings. You can also use a number of Orion Studio HD devices together via the S/N selector located in the software control panel. Also complete with the interface is the on-board FPGA real-time FX that allows you to add a range of studio-grade effects to your input sources. The comprehensive library of studio-grade, zero-latency effects consist of Vintage EQs, Compressors, Guitar Amp and Cab models and a whole lot more.
Design & Connectivity
The sleek yet stylish design of the Orion Studio HD, means it can blend in with any existing studio setup. The brushed aluminium front-panel features a clear and concise display, which provides information on levels and different parameters on the interface. The front-panel includes 4 combination inputs ideal for quick and easy access when you need to record. It also features three button including Gain, HP and A/B, speeding up your workflow when you need to adjust settings quickly. The rear of the interface features a wide range of connectivity including an additional 8 combination inputs. Also included is 2 DB25 outputs as well as 2 stereo headphones outputs and dual ReAmp outputs. ADAT and S/PDIF I/O is also included for added flexibility as well as a Word Clock output.
Included List of Antelope Vintage FX Models
Orion Studio HD comes with a full yet ever expanding list of Antelope Vintage FX models:
- EQUALIZER LEGENDS: VEQ-STU 089, VEQ-STU 169, VEQ-STU 900, VEQ HA32C, BAE 1023, BAE 1084, NEU-W492, NEU-W495, VEQ-4K Black, VEQ-4k Brown, VEQ-4K Pink, VEQ-4K Orange, BAE-1073, VEQ-HLF, VEQ – 1A, VMEQ-5, LANG PEQ2, VEQ-55A, UK-69, NEU-PEV, INTEGRATED EQ
- VINTAGE COMPRESSORS: X160, Tube176, X903, Gyratec X, Grove Hill Liverpool, ANTELOPE FEEDFORWARD COMPRESSOR, FET-A76
- AURAVERB™:New Reverb Leveraging Unique Algorithms and Proprietary FPGA Chip for “Smooth and Clear” Sound
- THE GUITAR CLASSICS:
- Cabinets: Darkface 65 2x12, Top30 2x12, Green 2x12, Vintage 4x12, Green 4x12, Caliper50 1x10, Clst 1x12, England4x12, Modern 4x12, Bluelux 1x12.
- Guitar Amps: Darkface 65 US, Top32 UK, Modern US, Plexi 59 UK, Rock 22.10 UK, Rock 75 UK, Marcus II US, Tweed, Deluxe US, Overange 120 UK, BurnSphere DE.
Mics: California121 Ribbon, Austria Gold 414, American57, German FET87
- Professional-grade audio interface with HDX and USB 3.0 connectivity
- Ideal for use with high-end DAWs such as Pro Tools
- 12 Class-A microphone preamps, as well as Hi-Z, mic & line preamps with individual phantom power
- Free integrated FPGA-based effects modelling legendary vintage gear
- 5 compressor models added, now 40+ FPGA FX
- Simultaneous streaming of 24-bit, 192 kHz audio via HDX or USB 3.0 and MADI
- Antelope’s world-renowned jitter management algorithm
- Real-time FPGA FX
- 40+ AFX including BAE, Grove Hill, Gyraf Audio and Lang classics
- Control Orion Studio HD via user-friendly desktop and mobile apps
- ADAT, S/PDIF and DB25 connections
For more information on the Orion Studio HD, including specifications, please refer to the PDF above.
- Weight: 3.1 kg / 6.83 lbs (approx.)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 483 mm x 44 mm x 226 mm
- DC Universal Input: 18V
- Power Consumption: 25W Max
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.