View Full Description
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Basic
Windows Thunderbolt™ Driver
Thunderbolt connectivity is renowned for its low-latency and stability. Thunderbolt connectivity is normally reserved for Mac-based computers, but the new Windows Thunderbolt driver changes that. You can now utilise Thunderbolt’s increased bandwidth and I/O capabilities with a range of Antelope Audio products. This opens up a new world of connectivity for Windows users, providing fast and stable connectivity.
Basic FX Pack
Discrete 8 Basic includes the basic FX pack, allowing you to use 2 channel strips with 2 FX instances each. Enter the world of authentic vintage effect modelling and explore the sound of iconic and expensive FX units. The pack features 50+ Antelope Audio FPGA FX, which are authentic digital re-creations of classic hardware processors. The included effects and processors can be used in your preferred DAW using the AFX2DAW plug-in, allowing you to control many of these classic, high-quality processors, right in your DAW. Discrete 8's effects deliver exceptional quality and accurate emulations of the vintage processors.
Accusonic 3D Modelling
The Antelope Audio Discrete 8 features 8 console-grade preamps that feature a fully discrete design. Discrete 8 allows you to fully transform these high quality Accusonic preamps in a plethora of classic units in real-time. Accusionic modeling emulates the sounds of many classic and expensive microphones. It allows you to choose from a collection of various mics, and record their results as you monitor live. This allows you to choose between a blend of different preamp models during mixing.
Discrete 8 features Antelope's 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking. Included is a word clock input that de-jitters, and distributes an external clock signal. The 3 WC outputs allows you to distribute your signal to your other digital gear and mic preamps, whilst keeping it all fully synced together.
Versatile Monitor Mixing
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 allows you to monitor up to 4 individual monitor mixes. The Discrete 8 features a comprehensive monitoring section with built-in talkback. Discrete 8 allows you to send 4 individual monitor mixes to headphones or monitor output, with or without FPGA FX. This allows you to tailor monitor mixes to each performer, enabling them to hear a sound as close to the final product as possible. Use the handy levels on the front panel of the Discrete 8 to always keep track of your levels.
Antelope Audio Verge Modeling Microphone
Six Premium-Grade Mic Emulations
The Verge now comes complete with a range of high-grade microphone emulations. It features six mic emulations in total, comprised of some of the most sought-after microphones from music history. The emulations are designed to make your recordings sound like they were recorded on various classic microphones. For example, using the Berlin 184 is perfect for processing cymbals, brass or percussion, providing optimal precision and classic German sound.
Native AFX Plug-In
Both the Verge and Edge microphones now come complete with Native AFX plug-ins. Each emulation is available as a plugin in VST, AU and AAX formats for both Mac and Windows. The industry-leading FPGA FX provides ultra-low latency and high-end oversampling for optimised audio fidelity and performance.
The Verge microphone delivers top-notch sound quality. Ideal for both studio and live sound, the Verge mic is versatile, and can handle high SPL levels from instrument recordings and performances. With a wide frequency range of 40Hz - 20kHz, the Verge modeling mic can capture an array of instruments, and the fine nuances they provide. The Verge mic is an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as drums, or other instruments that provide a percussive sound.
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Basic
- 8 console-grade discrete mic preamps with precise gain controls
- Mic preamp modelling with Accusonic 3D modelling
- Thunderbolt/USB connectivity
- Real-time FPGA FX including BAE, Grove Hill, Gyraf Audio, and Lang Classics in Easy Panel or DAW
- Rock-solid clocking
- Range of versatile inputs and outputs
- Features Antelope's 4th generation 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology
- Create up to 4 individual custom monitor mixes with or without FPGA FX
- Control all Discrete 8 features via Easy Panel, or free download iOS and Android mobile apps
- Precise and recallable stepped gain control
- Dedicated knobs for each mic pres
- New ConnectAFX plug-in for accessing the FPGA FX in your DAW
- 4 analog ins on combo XLR (2 mic/line, 2 Hi-Z/mic/line)
- 2 word clock outputs
- Additional digital connectivity via S/PDIF and 2 ADAT's
- Talkback mic & button on front panel
- Create and share custom presets
- Remote control via Mac/PC/iOS/Android apps
Antelope Audio Verge Modelling Microphone
- Small diaphragm condenser modeling microphone
- Capable of handling high SPL levels
- Wide frequency response (40Hz - 20kHz)
- For use with Antelope's Discrete audio interfaces
- Works with Discrete interface's built-in Accusonic modeling to emulate several classic mics
- Includes six premium-grade microphone emulations
- Emulations now available as a native plugin in VST, AU and AXX formats
- Gives you control over proximity effect, off-axis response, and polar patterns
- Fully discrete electronics
- Capture sources and switch between different classic mics before and after recording (in Antelope's AF2XDAW plug-in)