View Full Description
Padless DuoPreTM mic/line pre-amplifier
The Allen and Heath ZED-420 USB Live Mixer features a padless DuoPreTM mic/line pre-amplifier which delivers you high-headroom and low-noise signal. The 4 band, 2 sweep EQ, along with the low noise summing amps, is borrowed from the acclaimed GL2400, while the bus architecture is a simplified, but equally comprehensive, version of that employed in the successful GL series.
Highly flexible design
The USB audio interface, with its uniquely flexible capability, allows different signals to be sent to USB, from LR or from selected aux buses. The USB return signal can be routed straight to the LR mix or to a stereo channel. The connectors are placed on the top surface provide you with easy plugging and patching. As well as this, the individual circuit boards are firmly attached to the top panel, making the ZED-420 as rugged as Allen and Heath's top of the range ML series mixers.
Premium quality inputs
One of the great things about the ZED series is the number and variety of things you can plug in. In addition to the sixteen mono channels there are two dual stereo channels, each with a main stereo input on jack sockets and with additional inputs on phono sockets. the USB return can be selected to one of the additional inputs so that it feeds either the main LR bus or the stereo channel.
Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, the ZED series has new DuoPreTM pre-amps, which use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. Line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket, which has the great advantage of less noise when using the line input, providing you with clean, inspiring recordings.
USB audio flexibility
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way Allen and Heath have implemented this on the ZED-420 is incredibly easy! No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to the soundcard inputs, only to find that the levels are not optimised. Just plug in a USB lead to your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that's it! Quality audio to and from your PC or Mac. Three switches provide different send/return configurations for recording, playback and utilising external FX.
Rugged build quality
The ZED-420 has been designed using individual vertically mounted circuit boards with each rotary control fixed with a metal nut to the front panel - making a much more robust product that will resist damage and give years of reliable use. ZED also has professional 100mm faders for ultimate control over your levels.
SONAR LE recording software - provided Free!
Allen and Heath have teamed up with Cakewalk to bundle SONAR LE with this ZED mixer. The two products team up together in many ways to make your life easier - for example, straightforward recording of a stereo mix, recording tracks individually to build up a song, or for inserting a SONAR LE effects plug-in.
Acclaimed musical EQ
ZED-420 features a responsive 4-band EQ taken from the acclaimed GL2400 mixer. The design utilises MusiQ - optimised slope (or Q factor). This provides you with total control when manipulating the sonic qualities of each individual instrument.
Versatile auxiliary sends
6 aux sends are provided, of which 1&2 are premade for foldback monitoring, and 3 & 4 are switched pre or post-fade for effects sends. and 5&6 are post-fade. Auxes 1&2 can be sent to the USB bus for recording pre-fade signals independently to the main mix. Auxes 5&6 can also be sent to the USB bus for use as effects sends.
- 4-band EQ with 2 swept mids and in/out switch
- 6 auxiliary sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post)
- 4 sub groups fed from each channel
- L, R and M main mix outputs
- Individual channel 48V phantom power
- Direct output on every mono channel
- 2 dual stereo inputs with 4-band EQ
- Peak and signal indication on every channel
- 2 matrix sections available; can send output to USB
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Master level controls on all outputs
- Easy to use layout - all connections and controls on top surface
- Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled with mixer
- Type: Analog
- Channels: 20
- Inputs - Mic Preamps: 16 x XLR
- Inputs - Line: 16 x 1/4" (CH 1-16), 4 x 1/4" & 4 x RCA (CH 17-20 Stereo), 2 x RCA (2 TRK)
- Outputs - Main: 2 x XLR (Main), 1 x XLR (Mono)
- Outputs - Direct: 16 (CH 1-16)
- Outputs - Other: 2 x 1/4" (Matrix), 2 x RCA (2TRK), 4 x 1/4" (Group)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8"
- Send/Return I/O: 6 x 1/4" (AUX)
- Phantom Power: 16
- EQ Band: 4-band, Sweepable Hi- and Low-Mids (CH 1-16), 4-band (CH 17-20 Stereo)
- Aux Sends: 2 x Pre, 2 x Post, 2 x Pre/Post
- Busses/Groups: 4 x Groups
- Faders: 25 x 100mm
- Channel Inserts: Yes (CH 1-16), 4 x 1/4" (Group)
- Talkback: Yes
- Computer Connectivity: 1 x USB
- Height: 5.25"Product Code:ZED2042/ul>