View Full Description
Features for radio and broadcast
The Allen and Heath XB-14-2 is ideal for broadcast applications such as radio. It offers the much needed features such as the ability to communicate to guests or the presenter with the Talk feature, as well as being able to speak with telephone callers off-air. The mixer offers flexibility, allowing separate monitor mixes to be created for operator, guests and presenters. Additionally, it offers remote control of channel muting using the remote interface connectors which is ideal for studio situated mute switches.
The mixer also features a dedicated stereo audition bus which can be used for auditioning or off-air recording. By pressing the AUD button on the required channels, you can transfer the mix from the program feed over to the audition bus. A single auxiliary bus that can be used for external processing, effects, recording or auditioning is included, and a separate stereo mix bus is provided for recording an independent mix to the main program mix, or creating a clean feed source with selected channels. Additionally, the XB-14-2 features USB connectivity, allowing for easy transfer of audio to and from a computer, an essential tool for music and broadcast production.
The XB-14-2 features preamps that use a 2 stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. This provides a huge 69dB gain range which is evenly distributed around the gain control, giving you better control of the signal level.
Instead of a ‘pad’ switch or pad circuit, the line level signals are plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack, which results in a cleaner signal and lower noise than using the line input.
The 2 Telco channels are perfect for use with telephone callers. They provide a selectable clean-feed output, and variable low-pass and high-pass filters that reduce the frequency range of the channel to provide clean and clear audio with the phone callers.
- Audition/clean feed bus
- 3-band EQ on mono channels
- 4 mic/line and 4 stereo channels
- 2-band EQ on Telco/stereo channels
- 2 stage, padless pre-amp design
- Fader start sensing on mono channels
- Start/cue logic on stereo channel switches
- 2 Telco telephone communication channels
- USB connectivity to interface with PC/MAC
- Separate headphones mix for engineer/producer and 2 guests
- Vertically-mounted PCB construction with nutted rotary pots
- AUX and separate stereo busses for processing/recording
- Control room outputs with auto and remote mutes
- Remote mute facility on mic channels
- Balanced main outputs with inserts
- Input signal and peak metering
- Mono channel Mic input (XLR): +6 to –63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line input (TRS Jack socket): +10 to –26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket): 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo input (TRS Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Telco channel input (XLR):+10 to –26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- External monitor inputs (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu Nominal
- PGM L & R outputs (XLR): +4dBu nominal. +25dBu maximum.
- PGM Mono output (RCA phono): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- PGM L & R inserts (TRS jack sockets): -2dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Aux output (Jack socket): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Mix B outputs (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Audition outputs (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Telco output (XLR): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- CRM Speaker outputs (RCA phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out: USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
- Sample Rate: 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz: -124dBu
- PGM out, PGM fader = 0, 22-22kHz:
- Audition out, Mix B out = 0, 22-22kHz:
- Aux out, Mono out = 0, 22-22kHz:
- Mic in to PGM L/R Out, 30dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz.
- Line in to PGM L/R out 0dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Stereo in to PGM L/R out: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) Outputs: 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu): 14dB
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu): Mix point 24dB
- Dimensions: 465 (L) x 358 (W) x 103mm (H - max height)
- Weight: 7.5kg
- Product code: XB2-14/X
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.