View Full Description
Special Educational Offer
Adam Audio have introduced a special offer for students, giving you 10 cashback on the purchase of studio monitors if you are currently enrolled in a course that would use monitors. This may include Music, Broadcast or Media courses and can be claimed back after you have made the purchase. Simply purchase your Adam Audio AX or F series studio monitor(s) and contact Adam Audio to claim your 10 cashback. For more information on this educational offer please contact Gear4music.
The AX series monitor cabinets feature chamfered upper corners on the front, helping to minimise edge diffraction so that phase cancellation is not an issue. The interior of the cabinet is equipped with a special fleece that prevents the internal resonances being disturbed as well as ensuring superior bass reflex tuning. The front panel houses the power switch, volume control and front-firing bass reflex ports, providing greater ease of use and allowing the monitor to be placed closer to a wall if needed. The woofers on all AX series monitors are built using a construction of woven carbon and glass fiber with the synthetic material Rohacell. When these three materials are combined together, the result is an ultra-lightweight yet extremely rigid material that provides excellent transient responses.
A/B and PWM Amplifier
All models in the AX series feature two discrete amplifiers - an A/B that drives the X-ART tweeter and functions quickly within its broad frequency range, whilst the mid-range woofer is driven by a powerful and highly efficient pulse-width modulated (PWM) amplifier. By pairing these two together, Adam delivers monitors that do not require additional heat sinks and are both more reliable and durable than traditional amplifiers.
Cater To Any Space
One of the most useful features of the A8X is the ability to cater to different space and environments, a highly useful function when it comes to home studio setups, as well as professional studio spaces. The ‘Tweeter Gain’ function allows you to raise or lower the level of the high frequency range up to 4dB. The ‘Shelving Filter’ furthers your ability to adapt to different room acoustics and environments. Additionally the low shelf filter gives you precise control over your low-end response below 300 Hz, while the high shelf EQ kicks in at 2.5kHz, both operating at the same levels from -6db to +6db.
The X-ART tweeter is based on Adam Audio’s proprietary X-ART principle, with a slim pleated foil is used for the tweeter’s diaphragm for added precision and optimal quality in the high-end frequency range. The precise transient response of the X-ART tweeter ensures the best possible audio quality, retaining every nuance of the original signal for optimal transparency and audio fidelity.
"The A8X is a powerful link between Adam's AX Series and the formidable and more expensive SX Series. Its all-in-all homogenous tuning, the deep and precise bass as well as the brilliant mid and high-frequency reproduction make this speaker a huge recommendation for ambitious people without deep pockets."
- Perfect for use as a midfield or nearfield monitor
- Exceptional audio quality thanks to wide frequency range and premium quality components
- Midwoofer driven by 150W PWM amplifier
- X-ART Tweeter delivers exceptional high end response
- XLR and RCA input connectors for connecting to a range of audio systems and devices
- Front-panel gain control and rear-panel tweeter gain control
- High and low shelving filters
- 8.5’’ carbon fiber/rochacell/glass fibre midwoofer
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 50kHz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: >120dB (Per Pair)
- Crossover Frequency: 2300Hz
- Mid-Woofer Size: 8.5'' / 220mm
- Mid-Woofer Voice Coil: 1.5'' / 38mm
- Mid-Woofer Cone Material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Tweeter Type: X-ART
- Tweeter Diaphragm Area: 4'' ² / 2420mm ²
- Mid-Woofer Amplifier: PWM
- Power RMS / Music: 150W / 225W
- Tweeter Amplifier: Class A/B
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ ±6 dB
- Tweeter Gain: ±4 dB
- Input Connectors: XLR / RCA
- Input Impedance: 30 KOhm
- Magnetically Shielded: No
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15.5'' x 10'' x 12.5'' / 400mm x 255mm x 320mm
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.