View Full Description
Free Coffee for a Year – How to Claim
Adam Audio have paired up with Black Insomnia – the world's strongest coffee – to offer you a year's supply. All you need to do is purchase and register your Adam Audio monitors in the MyADAM user area and apply for the extended warranty between November 1st and November 30th 2018.
Complete the form here to apply for a year's supply (12 packs) of Black Insomnia coffee, where you can choose between ground coffee and whole beans.
The Adams A7X series monitor cabinets feature chamfered upper corners on the front, helping to minimise edge diffraction so that phase cancellation is not an issue. The interior of the Adam Audio A7X cabinet is equipped with a special fleece that prevents the internal resonances being disturbed as well as ensuring superior bass reflex tuning. The front panel houses the power switch, volume control and front-firing bass reflex ports, providing greater ease of use and allowing the monitor to be placed closer to a wall if needed.
The woofers on the Adam Speakers A7X are built using a construction of woven carbon and glass fiber with the synthetic material Rohacell. When these three materials are combined together, the result is an ultra-lightweight yet extremely rigid material that provides excellent transient responses.
A/B and PWM Amplifiers
The Adam A7X Pair feature two discrete amplifiers - an A/B that drives the X-ART tweeter and functions quickly within its broad frequency range, whilst the mid-range woofer is driven by a powerful and highly efficient pulse-width modulated (PWM) amplifier. By pairing these two together, Adam delivers monitors that do not require additional heat sinks and are both more reliable and durable than traditional amplifiers.
The Stereolink is a useful feature when working on desktop DAWs. The two additional input and output jacks for the second stereo channel allow you to control the volume for both monitors using the control of only one monitor. Unlike the typical master-slave configuration, each A7X is fully equipped and can function either as a master or a slave unit.
- X-ART tweeter allows for longer operation with fewer signs of fatigue
- Direct, fast response in the high-range even with complex transitions
- Excellent transient response even at high sound levels without breakup of the diaphragm
- Vertical 2-way system with 7'' woofer - high resolution of the stereo image
- Spacious bass reflex ports on the front - allows positioning close to walls
- Highly efficient amps for the woofer and tweeter for low-distortion amplification at both low and high volume levels
- Linear frequency response of 42 Hz to 50 kHz
- Simple, stepless room acoustic adjustments over tweeter gain, low and high shelf filters
- Analog XLR and RCA inputs
- Acoustically optimized cabinet geometry - reduction of unwanted reflections on the cabinets
- Directional sound radiation in vertical plane
- Easy to use volume control and on/off switch on the front
- Frequency Response: 42Hz - 50kHz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: >114dB (Per Pair)
- Crossover Frequency: 2500Hz
- Mid-Woofer Size: 7'' / 175mm
- Mid-Woofer Voice Coil: 1.5'' / 38mm
- Mid-Woofer Cone Material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Tweeter Type: X-ART
- Tweeter Diaphragm Area: 4'' ² / 2420mm ²
- Mid-Woofer Amplifier: PWM
- Power RMS / Music: 100W / 150W
- Tweeter Amplifier: Class A/B
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ ±6 dB
- Tweeter Gain: ±4 dB
- Input Connectors: XLR / RCA
- Input Impedance: 30 KOhm
- Magnetically Shielded: No
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 13.5'' x 8'' x 11'' / 337mm x 201mm x 280mm
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.