View Full Description
Comping and linked-track editing
Capture inspiration when it strikes. New to Live 11 is the ability to record and comp multiple tracks to get the best take. This saves a lot of time when it comes to editing vocals and instrument recordings. Not only that, but it can be used for creative sample processing allowing you to splice audio clips.
Another feature new in Ableton Live 11 is ‘linked-track editing’. This new tool allows you to select two or more tracks and edit them at the same time. Again, this will speed up your workflow, perfect for processing multi-tracked audio. You can also use this for MIDI tracks.
Create, record and produce
Ableton Live 11 provides everything you need to create, record, and produce professional music. Featuring top-of-the-line tools that let you edit, manipulate, play and process, Ableton Live 11 offers flexibility when creating songs. Ableton Live 11 offers a timeline-based workflow with Arrangement and Session view. The Arrangement view provides you with a timeline to organise your music and build your song. Live's revolutionary Session view provides you with a unique sketchpad for improvising, playing, and performing ideas, without the constraints of the timeline. Freely and independently start and stop any number of tracks and jam out in real-time.
The ultimate companion for live performances
Ableton Live 11 is ideal for the live performer, providing you with a clean and flexible way to play your music live. Trigger, re-sequence and remix your music on-the-fly, control external hardware and improvise on your own, or process audio played by others. Adapt and customise Live to fit your performance.
New to Ableton 11 is ‘Tempo Following’. Tempo Following allows Live to listen to incoming audio and adjust the tempo to match the artist. It is a must-have tool for live performances, making Live feel as if it's an extra member of the band. It is also useful for DJ’s, turning Live into a fully-fledged tempo-synced FX box. You can also set up to 16 macros on your racks for maximum flexibility.
New devices and cutting-edge sound content
A wide variety of brand new software instruments, devices, sample packs and audio effects are included; derived from years of audio expertise. With over 10 GB of genre-defying sound content, Ableton Live 11 gives you everything you need to make music to a high standard. New devices included with the standard version include: LFO, Envelope Follower and Shaper.
In-depth tools for processing and recording audio
Play and record MIDI notes that you've played, or even edit them in yourself with a range of virtual instruments, drum machines, synthesizers and more. You can then process them with top-quality mixing and processing tools including EQs compressors, delays, and reverbs, to shape and mould your sound. Use the improved automation editing to tweak the parameters of your sounds or effects over time.
- Create an account or register a new account via the Ableton Live login page
- Once logged in, you can then authorise Live either online or offline
- Authorising ONLINE is done by opening Ableton Live and following the authorisation dialog
- Authorising OFFLINE is done by opening Ableton Live and following the additional instructions by copying down your hardware code and completing the process using an online account on a different computer or with an authorisation file
- The latest in the award-winning digital audio workstation series
- Record and comp multiple tracks to create the perfect take
- Edit multiple tracks simultaneously with linked-track editing
- New ‘Tempo Following’ feature matches Live’s tempo with incoming audio – perfect for live bands
- New devices including:
- Envelope Follower
- Updated devices including:
- Phaser Flanger
- New ‘Chance’ tools for randomisation and live variation
- Over 10 GB of sound content including updated core library, updated AAS instrument interfaces and updated packs
- Improved Clip Detail View and CPU metering