View Full Description
Tube-based microphone preamp with A/D conversion
Bridging the gap between analog and digital. Basing its design on its younger sibling (the ProMPA) with addition of the digital output. It comes jam-packed with controls and even features dual, vintage-style VU meters. Each input features integrated 48V Phantom Power for use with studio-grade microphone such as condensers.
At the heart of the MPA-II are dual hand-selected 12AX7 tubes. These high-end tubes provide wider preamp tonal variation, delivering a unique character. It also gives you the ability to toggle between low or high plate voltages. It also features a high-grade A to D converter, with the myriad of digital connections on offer.
The front-panel features a wide range of analog and digital controls. For instance, the digital section allows you to dictate the sample rate of the MPA-II, as well as the dither. The sample rates range from 44.1KHz to 192KHz. The internal crystal-controlled oscillator will accurately generate the selected timing. The Mid/Side switch allows you to toggle between left/right information, ideal for use with stereo recording.
Optimise your ribbon/dynamic mic performance
One of the most unique features of the MPA-II is the variable input impedance. You can use these control settings to optimise the performance of different microphones. From ribbon microphones to dynamic microphones, the MPA-II will deliver the best possible sound every time.
Versatile digital connectivity – bridge the gap
The digital MPA-II is a hybrid microphone preamp, employing both analog and digital connections. The rear of the unit features a wide range of digital connectivity including S/PDIF, ADAT, or AES/EBU outputs. It is the perfect mic preamp for the modern studio, allowing you to use the microphone preamp with a wide range of digital and analog gear.
The front-panel features a 1/4-inch instrument input with an impedance of >1M ohms and it can be adjusted via the input gain control. There is also balanced inputs and outputs on the rear of the unit.
- Variable input impedance for flexible microphone voicing (150 ohms To 2400 ohms)
- Large VU meters
- Discrete Class-A input microphone preamplifier
- Extremely low total harmonic distortion (THD)
- Additional front mounted instrument input jack
- Operate at +4dbm/-10dbv output
- Automatic instrument input selection
- 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192K internal sample rates
- Wide dynamic range A/D
- Separate analog and digital output level controls
- ADAT optical I/O
- Switch selectable optical output (S/PDIF or ADAT)
- Two wordclock jacks allowing loop through
- Selectable plate voltage
- Backlit function switches
- Low noise at lower gain settings
- Wide frequency response
- Support mid/side micing technique
- Selectable stereo/dual operation of output controls
- 24-204KHz external sample rate
- 24/16 bit switchable dithering
- Rotary encoder for quick selection of sample rate
- Digital level LED meters display both Average and Peak level
- Sync to incoming ADAT data range
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF outputs
- Frequency Response: 15Hz to 48 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ normal plate voltage
15Hz to 120 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ high plate voltage
- Dynamic Range: > 110dB (“A” weighted)
- CMRR: > 90dB
- THD: < 0.005 percent (typical)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (XLR, “A” weighted)
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (cannon)
- Maximum Instrument Input: +17dBu
- Input Impedance: 150-3000 (Omega) adjustable (XLR) >800k (Omega) (Instrument)
- Maximum Output Level: +27dBu (XLR)
- Output Impedance: < 47 (Omega) (XLR)
- Maximum Gain: 75dB
- Meter Calibration: 0 VU = +4dBu output (+4dB mode) 0 VU = -10dBV output (-10dB mode)
- High Pass Filter: single pole, 10-200 Hz adjustable
- A/D Frequency Response:
- @44.1KHz sample rate: 10Hz to 21.25KHz (+0, -1dB)
- @88.2KHz sample rate: 10Hz to 42.50KHz (+0, -1dB)
- @196KHz sample rate: 10Hz to 81KHz (+0, -1dB)
- A/D Dynamic Range: > 112dB “A” weighted (typical)
- A/D THD: <0.001 percent @1K (typical)
- A/D Input Sensitivity: +12dBu min
- A/D Insert Input Impedance: >10k (Omega)
- Power Requirements: USA – 105 to 125 VAC / 60 Hz Export units configured for country of destination
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 3.50 x 19.0 x 8.75 inches
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 88mm x 482mm x 222mm
- Weight: 4.7kg (10.5 lbs)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.