View Full Description
Versatile Sampling Eurorack Module
The 4ms Stereo Trigger Sampler is a highly versatile sampler in the format of Eurorack module. This premium-grade sampling unit provides you with a two-channel configuration which can be used for sampling, recording and playback. The premium-grade components and circuitry mean you can record high-quality stereo files, in a range of different formats with optimal sample rates. One of the most prominent features is that the 4ms STS module comes complete with a 32GB SD card. This SD Card comes pre-loaded with over 200 high-quality samples and sounds from some of the modular world’s most famous musicians. Samples are included from Richard Devine, Wobbly, Moor Mother, Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe, Joseph Pailo and more.
Stereo Recording, Looping & Syncing
The two independent playback channels provide everything you need to record samples into your own banks as well as triggering playback. The module includes a range of active banks, with each bank having the ability to use 10 samples at one time. You can use up to 600 samples in total, as well as being able to incorporate your own sounds and samples. The versatile design means you can also use the module for live looping. You can achieve this by holding down the Play button for two seconds, toggling the loop or one-shot parameters. The loop timing clock outputs from the End Out jack, as well as being able to send a clock into the Play Trigger jack, syncing the loop to external timing for optimal flexibility. The versatile design means the module is suited for a range of applications, from experimenting with sampling a wide range of modules to recording high-quality .WAV files for ambient performances.
Incorporate Your Own Samples
Complete with its own dedicated SD card, the 4ms Trigger Sampler allows you to incorporate your own samples. It has a maximum file size for playback/record of 4GB per file, this means you can use over 6 hours per file, measuring at 44.1kHz/16-bit. The extremely quiet, low noise and low jitter design provides optimal audio performance, preserving the pristine fidelity of your original sample files. You can record new samples directly into a bank, or drag and drop folders of sound files onto the SD card. One of the most useful features is the ability to colour co-ordinate your folder by naming the folders with a precursor of the corresponding colour, for example ‘Red – Cubase’.,/p>
Design & Layout
As well as operating in stereo mode, this versatile module can also mix down files to mono, outputting through the channel’s output jack. Each of the channels boasts its own dedicated controls including: Sample CV and attenuator, 1V/oct CV and Pitch knob, Start Pos CV and knob, Length CV and knob. One of the most interesting features of the module is the ability to update the firmware by playing an audio file directly into the STS, eliminating the need for connecting it to a computer. The ergonomic and sleek design provides you with a wide range of connections and precision attenuators, giving you full control every step of the way.
- Two independent playback channels
- Intuitive bank/colour organization system-- no need to rename your .wav files
- Record new samples directly to a bank
- Up to 600 samples can be active in banks at one time (10 samples per bank)
- Maximum file size for playback or record: 4GB per file (over 6 hours per file at 44.1kHz/16b/stereo)
- Ships with a 32GB SD card, loaded with over 200 high quality samples from musicians such as Richard Devine, Wobbly, Moor Mother, Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe, Joseph Pailo, Russell E.L Butler, Hugo Paris & Marc Kate, and more...
- Extremely quiet, low noise and low jitter design
- Stereo mode: Two stereo files are mixed together and played at once through the L and R output jacks (L+L and R+R)
- Mono mode: each file is mixed down to mono and output through the channel's output jack (L+R and L+R)
- Independent channel controls for Sample, 1V/oct, Start Position, Length, Reverse button & more
- Record stereo audio into any bank and sample slot
- SD Card is hot-swappable: no power-down required to change SD cards. Samples that are pre-loaded into memory can continue playing while card is swapped.
- As new features are developed, firmware can be updated by playing an audio file into the STS
Physical & Power
- Size: 20HP
- Depth: 0.98" (25mm)
- Power Consumption:
- +12V rail: ___
- -12V rail: ___
- +5V rail: not used
- Connect red stripe of power cable towards the bottom of the module, which is marked with a white stripe and the words -12V and POWER
- Frequency Range: 20Hz to 22kHz pass-band (-3dB ripple max)
- Voltage: 21V peak-to-peak maximum before clipping
- Frequency Range: 0Hz (DC) to 24kHz with maximum -1.7dB difference between file data and output
- Voltage: +10.5V to -10.5V maximum output
Trigger Outputs (End Outs
- Voltage: 0V to 8.2V
- Pulse Width: __ms