View Full Description
Powerful and Lightweight Speaker
The SubZero SZS-P15DSP 15" Active DSP Speaker provides 400 watts of RMS power enclosed in a lightweight and robust moulded plastic cabinet. The speaker is powered by a pair of amplifiers: Class D for the Low Frequency Driver and Class AB for the compression driver, keeping sound quality high whilst keeping the weight low. The speaker is built to endure the rigours of live performances, including a heavy duty steel grille to protect the speakers from unwanted knocks. All of these features combine to create a speaker suitable for a wide range of venues, whilst being lightweight and easy to manoeuvre between performances.
Multiple Mounting Possibilities
This SubZero speaker has been built to be used for just about every live scenario and includes a variety of mounting options. The speaker includes a traditional 38mm speaker pole bracket, making it suitable for use with speaker stands and poles. The pole bracket uses a dual angle mounting facility, that allows the speaker to be set up straight on or tilted down at a 7.5 degree angle for optimum sound dispersion. Alternatively, the speaker can be hung on the included fly points, which makes it suitable for more permanent installation scenarios. Finally, the angled PP cabinet allows the active speaker to be rested on its side and used as a floor monitor.
High Quality DSP Technology
The inclusion of DSP technology makes the SubZero active speakers very versatile. A simple one knob design allows you to change through profiles simply with a single control and all functions are displayed clearly on an LCD screen. The functions allow you to adjust the output sound of the speaker based on the below modes.
DSP EQ Modes
This SubZero speaker allows you to set up for the scenario you require, whether it be for a music venue or for live speech. The following modes are available for selection using the LCD display and dial.
Normal Mode leaves the EQ flat, the speaker will run full-range without any tweaks to the settings.
- Live Modereduces the lowest frequencies, provides a slight treble boost to bring out the detail of the higher frequencies.
- Club Mode is ideal for DJ's or Parties, emphasising the low frequencies, perfect for dance music or audio requiring heavy bass.
- Speech Mode reduces the low end greatly, whilst emphasising the upper mid range, which is where the human voice sits on the EQ spectrum. This makes the speakers reproduce speech very clearly.
The use of smart curve technology allows you to quickly adjust the treble and bass on each EQ pre-set, giving you the ideal sound for any scenario.
DSP Location Modes
The sound of a speaker can vary significantly depending on its location, and this SubZero DSP speaker can cater for this. The following three modes can be selected to give the perfect sound to your performance.
- Pole: The most common use for the speaker is on a speaker pole so that it is positioned at ear height. The speaker can be optimised for this by giving a full response, including increased bass frequencies.
- Monitor: This feature is helpful when the speaker is on the floor and angled up to the performer. The bass frequencies are cut slightly and the treble frequencies boosted so the performer can hear the sound being articulated amongst extraneous noise.
- Bracket: This setting is suitable for scenarios where the speaker is hung on fly points or placed on a wall speaker bracket.
The SubZero SZS-P15DSP speaker is available in a variety of great value package deals for use in medium to venues. The speaker is available in a discounted twin pack, and also available with the SubZero 18" Subwoofer, giving a powerful and comprehensive sound.
- Mic Input: 1 x XLR/Jack
- Line Input: Stereo RCA / 3.5mm Minijack
- Line Output: XLR
- Tone Control: Bass / Treble +/- 10db
- Speaker Dimension: 15 Inch
- Tweeter: 1.35 Inch Compression Driver
- Power: 350W (LF) + 50W (HF) RMS / 700W Peak / 1200W Max
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Max SPL: 124dB
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 20KHz
- Cabinet Material: H-PP Hard Plastic
- Fly Points: 3x M10
- Weight: 17kg
- Dimensions: 50 x 47 x 78.5cm
The Latest in Audio Technology and Sound
SubZero's wide range of instruments represents the latest in innovation and versatility, offering high grade components and quality craftsmanship at an affordable price. Drawing inspiration from boutique designs, SubZero has created a series of affordable, reliable and modern instruments, offering high quality gear for the modern musician.
With a full range of audio equipment including Amplifiers, Speakers, Mixers, PA, Microphones and Electric Guitars; SubZero products feature the same attention-to-detail that one would expect from any high quality audio manufacturer. SubZero is proud to deliver the ultimate in value, looks and cutting edge sound.
SubZero is an exclusive premium brand of Gear4music