View Full Description
Award-Winning MIDAS Preamps
The Midas MR12 mixing console is equipped with four award-winning MIDAS PRO microphone preamplifiers. Originally designed for the PRO series consoles and also utilised within the M32 mixer, these preamps are regarded by live sound and recording engineers world-wide as the key to achieving the legendary Midas sound. Crafted using premium-grade components, the MR12 mixer delivers exceptional warmth and clarity, with an exceptionally accurate sonic image.
Based on the iconic Dan Dugan automix system, the MR12 console incorporates a state-of-the-art M AIR Gain Sharing Technology which can be used to maintain maximum gain without sacrificing audio integrity. Suitable for up to four microphones, the MR12's auto mixing technology automatically controls the levels of the selected microphones in real time without gating artefacts or noise modulation. Additionally, the auto mixing helps to eliminate problematic feedback, studio noise and comb filtering that often occur when multiple microphones are positioned in close proximity.
Onboard Effects Engines
The Midas M12 digital mixer features the same FX engines as the highly regarded M32 digital mixing console. Providing four true-stereo processors, the M12 has the ability to run studio-quality true-stereo reverbs in conjunction with a 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses. Any combination of the custom-designed and physically modelled effects can be selected, such as the Lexicon 480L and PCM70, as well as the EMT250 and Quantec QRS reverbs. Delivering ultra-low latency performance and intuitive operation, the MR12 mixing console offers superior creative possibilities and allows you to add a new dimension to any performance or production.
Wireless Mixing via Wi-Fi
The integrated tri-mode Wi-Fi router enables you to connect to the MR12 directly without the need to setup and configure an external router. Providing freedom and flexibility, you can control every aspect of the mix from anywhere in the venue and ensure the best possible performance for both the audience and artists. Up to four iOS or Android devices can be connected simultaneously, allowing sound engineers to adjust stage monitor levels and artists to created their own tailored IEM mixes.
The MR12 digital mixer features a USB connector which allows you to easily recording and playback uncompressed stereo WAV files. Suitable for both studio sessions and capturing live performances on stage, the Midas MR12 provides zero-latency monitoring while recording up to 12 source signals. Additionally, the MR12 provides the ability to send MIDI notes to your DAW software for both recording and editing.
- 12-input digital mixer for studio and live applications
- 40-bit floating point digital signal processing
- Controllable via iPad and Android tablets
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac/Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or Wi-Fi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment
- 4 award-winning MIDAS PRO microphone preamplifiers
- Built-in Tri-Mode Wi-Fi router for direct connection - no need for external routers
- Dugan-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing
- USB connectivity for uncompressed stereo WAV recording and playback
- 4 digital signal processing effects engines
- 6 aux buses and main LR with inserts
- 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 2 TRS aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs
- Includes rack ears and protection bumpers
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Processing Channels: 16
- Aux Buses: 6
- FX Return Channels: 4, Stereo
- USB Return Channels: 1, Stereo
- Internal Effects Engines: 4, True Stereo
- Signal Processing: 40-Bit Floating Point
- Microphone Preamps: MIDAS PRO
- Input Connectors:
- 4 x XLR/TRS Combo, Balanced
- 8 x TRS, Balanced
- Main Outputs: 2 x XLR, Balanced
- Aux Outputs: 2 x TRS, Balanced
- Ethernet: RJ45
- MIDI: 1/1 DIN
- Power Supply: 100V - 240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Rack Size: 2U
- Dimensions: 333mm x 149mm x 95mm / 13.1'' x 5.9'' x 3.7'' (W x D x H)
- Weight: 2.9kg / 6.4lbs
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.