View Full Description
It's time to be direct
You work hard to sculpt your sound. Whether you're in the studio or on stage. So make sure that no matter what you're connecting to, that sound can be heard with the clarity and detail that it deserves. Mackie's MDB series of DI boxes gives you everything you need to make that happen. Combining premium analog circuitry, ultra-low noise and distortion, and flexible features for seamless connectivity, MDB DI boxes are the perfect match for your instruments.
A DI box is the ultimate way to expand your studio or stage capabilities. They are more than just a tool for getting your signal from one place to another. They build bridges, expand possibilities, and they let you adapt to almost any situation. And the MDB-1A is no exception.
You can power your DI box via 48V phantom power, making it easy to get your MDB-1A working without the need for bulky and intrusive external PSUs. Then this handy little box simply sits comfortably between your instrument and your signal's destination. A high-impedance 1/4'' input lets you hook up your guitar or bass with ease, whilst a 1/4'' Thru output allows you to send your signal back out to your amplifier.
But there's more to the 1/4'' connectors. The MDB-1A is equipped with a Merge switch. By activating this control, you can convert the Thru output to a second input, making it ideal for connecting stereo sound sources such as keyboards, synthesizers, media players, and more. The stereo signal is then summed to mono and sent out of the single balanced XLR output on the other side of the box.
Whether you have the Merge switch activated or not, the MDB-1A simply matches your signal type and impedance to your destination, allowing you to enjoy crystal-clear sound without having to worry about mis-matched signals, detrimental level differences, ad noise. The box's ultra-low nosie and distortion ensures that your sound remains clean and clear, whilst a switchable -20dB pad lets you connect higher level sources without a problem.
In it for the long haul
If you know Mackie, you probably know that they are incredibly proud of their 'Built-Like-A-Tank' approach to construction. Their products are living proof that eternal life is a possibility. Because when you buy a Mackie product, you're not just buying a new piece of equipment. You're investing in your future.
- The MDB series - ready for anything, from acoustic guitars to laptops
- Premium sound without the premium price tag
- Get clean, low-noise audio to your mixer no matter what instrument you're using
- High-performance analog circuitry with exceptional noise performance and transparency
- Active circuitry provides higher headroom for ultra-low noise and distortion-free performance
- High-impedance 1/4'' input with a 1/4'' Thru output
- Balanced XLR output connector with switchable ground lift
- Handy low-cut and polarity switches
- Merge switch lets you connect stereo sound sources which are then summed to mono
- Merge is ideal for connecting stereo sources such as keyboards, synthesizers, media players, and more
- Switchable -20dB pad for distortion-free performance when connecting to high-level sound sources
- Powered via 48V phantom power
- Mackie's signature Built-Like-A-Tank™ construction
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.5dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 90dB
- Dynamic Range: 130dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02-percent THDF at 1kHz
- Pad: -20dB
- Input Type: Female 1/4'' unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 330k Ohms unbalanced
- Output Type: Male XLR balanced, 1/4'' unbalanced (thru)
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms unbalanced
- Display LEDs: Front Merge ON/OFF
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power
- Current Draw: Less than 4.0mA DC
- Dimensions: 38mm x 86mm x 147mm / 1.5'' x 3.4'' x 5.8'' (H x W x D)
- Weight: 0.4kg / 0.8lbs
- Product Code: 2049173-00