View Full Description
Outstanding Frequency Response
JBL continue to develop driver technologies to provide users with a studio monitor capable of greater dynamic range and unrivaled frequency response. With a 2409H high-frequency compression driver, the 705P features an intuitive low-mass annular diaphragm to offer smooth response and low distortion over 36kHz. Conversely, the 725G low-frequency driver delivers 114mm peak-to-peak excursion with greater linearity and exceptionally low-frequency output below 39 Hz. These excelling proprietary drivers allow the 705P monitor to grant two to three times the output of other studio monitors on the market.
JBL Image Control Waveguide
The JBL M2 monitor was the first speaker to feature this exclusive technology. The Image Control Waveguide presents users with accuracy and neutrality with increased sonic detail. The waveguide ensures seamless acoustic transitions between both frequency drivers, giving the 705P a comprehensive sound-stage across the entire frequency spectrum. This smooth on and off frequency response grants the 705P monitor to provide neutral response across large listening areas, making it ideal for an array of different room sizes.
Built-In Dual Amplification System
Featuring a 120w amp for the 2409H high-frequency transducer and a 250w amp dedicated to the 725G low-frequency transducer, the 705P delivers outstanding output and greater listening distances. The integrated dual amplification system optimises the drivers and makes the studio monitor suitable for post production purposes or mastering environments.
Extensive EQ & Delay
One sweeping feature of the JBL 705P monitor is its ability to deliver superior neutrality in any room. However, the monitor also includes on-board room equalisation to atone for any adverse effects caused by room acoustics so you can experience the most accurate sound reproduction in every environment. The monitor has twelve bands of Room EQ, eight bands of User EQ for customised response curves and compensates for any dip in quality when placed behind a perforated cinema screen. The user-enabled digital delay grants the ability to virtually align the speaker listening positions, whilst the AV Synchronisation delay offers compensation for latency in video displays.
Sleek, Compact Design
Matching the needs of the modern day control room, the 705P is designed to provide a monitor with minimum interference, video displays and sight lines but with the same level of output likened to larger speakers. With reinforced bottom and rear mounting points, the studio monitor is ideal for wall and ceiling mounting in both vertical or horizontal positions.
Analogue & Digital Inputs
The JBL 705P includes analog and digital inputs as well as sample rate converters. The AES/EBU digital inputs give users the option of connecting to a wide array of hardware, including digital audio workstations, mixing consoles and digital playback hardware with sample rates of up to 192kHz. Digital signals with uncommon sample rates are also available to connect via the internal sample rate converters.
Featuring an integrated amplification and digital signal processing room EQ, the JBL 705P allows for varying combinations with different products. Users can match the monitor with the JBL 7 series and JBL M2 master reference monitors to create multi-channel systems in any sized room. The smaller enclosures and mounting abilities offer unobstructed sight lines and flexibility in its installation.
- Next-generation JBL driver technology
- Patent-pending JBL image control Waveguide
- Integrated dual amplification system with internal floating-point DSP
- Comprehensible room EQ & delay controls
- Compact enclosures & mounting hardware
- Integrated amplification & DSP for room EQ
- Multi-channel combinations with JBL 7 Series & JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors
- JBL 725G low-frequency transducer for low-distortion & high sound pressure level
- JBL 2409H high-frequency transducer with low-mass annular diaphragm
- 12 bands of Room EQ, 8 bands of User EQ
- 6 factory presets, 6 user-defined presets
- 18 milliseconds of AV Sync Delay
- 1 x XLR-1/4" balanced combination analog audio input
- 1 x XLR AES3 format digital input with 1 x XLR pass-through output
- Digital input accepts sample rates of up to 192kHz
- User-enabled sample converters
- RJ-45 network connection for Harman HiQnet connectivity
- Rear-panel multi-function controls & LCD display allow selection of input sensitivity, input trim, Room EQ, User EQ, Room Delay, AV Sync Delay
- Top & bottom mounting points; birch plywood cabinets & protective steel grilles
- Frequency Response: 1-5 dB @ 48Hz - 23kHz
- Frequency Range: 39Hz - 36kHz
- Max SPL: (80Hz - 20kHz) > 101 dB SPL / 1m
- Maximum Peak SPL: (80Hz - 20kHz) > 107 dB SPL / 1m
- HF Driver: 2409H
- LF Driver: 725G
- Dividing Network Transition Frequency: 1.9kHz
- Input Type
- 1 x XLR-1/4" Balanced Combination Analog Audio Input
- 1 x XLR AES3 Format Digital Input With 1 x XLR Pass-Through Output
- Digital Input Will Accept Sample Rates Up To 192kHz
- Height: 267 mm
- Width: 149 mm
- Depth: 206 mm
- Weight: 4.08 kg
- Enclosure: Birch Plywood Reinforced For Mounting
- Mounting: Top, Bottom & Rear Mounting Points, 2-Hole Mounting Pattern
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.