View Full Description
Powerful CORE microphone technology
Found at the heart of many of DPA's miniature microphone configurations, the innovative CORE technology offers minimized distortion, an expanded dynamic range, and an overall improved sound quality. CORE enhances the exceptional performance of DPA's existing microphone designs.
By minimizing distortion, CORE exhibits a significantly clearer and more open sound throughout the entire range of the microphone. On top of this, the increased dynamic range creates an increased workable range, and the microphone becomes much less vulnerable to overload. The increase of 14dB allows you to even capture screams without experiencing harmonic distortion.
Ultra-versatile omnidirectional polar pattern
Omnidirectional microphones are often the choice for recording large and spread-out sound sources (such as choirs and orchestras). However, they are perfect for a wide variety of close-miking and vocal applications as well. This is thanks to their ability to accurately capture sound from all directions to produce an incredibly natural and realistic character in comparison to a cardioid microphone. When omnidirectional mics are used close to the desired sound source, they retain a beautifully transparent and balanced response and do not suffer from the proximity effect (increased bass when placed close to a sound source, often associated with cardioid microphones). Whilst they are sensitive in all directions, they are much less prone to wind, pop, and handling noise, providing you with a versatile microphone that can be used effectively in a huge range of applications and indoor/outdoor venues.
Tailor the acoustic response for maximum impact
With the included microphone grids you can adapt the microphone to your specific situation with ease. The Soft Boost Grid (which comes pre-fitted) provides a soft boost of 3dB between 8kHz and 20kHz. This is perfect for head-mounted applications as well as achieving natural-sounding results. The other grid that is supplied with the 4066 is the High Boost Grid. This design provides a soft boost of 10dB around 12kHz. Each grid is crafted from incredibly durable anodized stainless steel for durability and reliability. The grids can easily be detached to allow you to perform effective maintenance in an instant.
Unobtrusive and stable Classic headset design
DPA offer an incredibly diverse range of class-leading microphone solutions, and headset design is one of the many things that they truly do excel at. Boasting a comfortable dual-ear architecture with the ability to easily switch the microphone from the left to the right side and vice versa, it's no surprise that the DPA CORE 4066 Classic headset has been the standard for Broadway musical productions for several years. This unique design offers incredible stability and reliability, even in some of the most demanding of environments and applications. The headset is unobtrusive and lightweight, and is available in a choice of colours for seamless blending with costumes to maintain a low profile during performances. With years of design excellence under their belt, DPA's headset microphones are the ultimate choice for capturing outstanding vocals and speech in any application.
What's In The Box
- 1 x DPA CORE 4066 Classic Omni Headset Microphone, Beige
- 1 x Soft Boost Grid, Beige
- 1 x High Boost Grid, Beige
- 5 x Foam Windscreens, Beige
- Amplifier Technology: CORE
- Sound Pressure Level: 144dB max.
- Colour: Beige
- Size: Medium (fits most adults)
- Termination: MicroDot (for use with detachable connectors)
- Included Adapters: None
- Delivers beautifully clear and pristine audio quality with the legendary 4066 omnidirectional microphone capsule
- Lightweight, unobtrusive and flexible design with minimal visual impact is ideal for a huge variety of applications
- Classic-style headset mounting offers excellent wearing comfort for a diverse range of applications
- Excellent resistance to humid conditions
- Quick and easy microphone adjustment
- Clean and transparent linear frequency response
- Accurate and natural voice intelligibility
- Extremely-high SPL handling capabilities (144dB peak before clipping)
- Speak and sing into the microphone with no hint of distortion
- Can be used with DPA's versatile adapter system for compatibility with most professional wireless systems
- Directional Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Principle of Operation: Pressure
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Soft Boost Grid: 20Hz - 20kHz, 3dB soft boost at 8 - 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- High Boost Grid: 20Hz - 20kHz, 10dB boost at 12kHz (+/-2dB)
- Sensitivity: 6mV/Pa; -44dB re. 1 V/Pa (nominal, +/-3dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level:
- A-Weighted: Typ. 26dB(A) re. 20µPa (max. 28dB(A))
- ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38dB (max. 40dB)
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 68dB(A) (A-weighted, re. 1kHz at 1Pa, 94dB SPL)
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 111dB
- Maximum SPL: 144dB peak before clipping
- Output Impedance: 30 - 40 Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: Up to 300m / 984ft
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Beige
- Cable Length: 1.2m / 3.9ft
- Cable Diameter: 1.6mm / 0.06''
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Power Supply: For full performance
- For Wireless Systems: Min. 5V to max. 50V through DPA adapter
- With DAD6001-BC / DAD6024 / DAD4099: 48V (+/-4V) phantom power
- Microphone Diameter: 5.4mm / 0.21''
- Weight: 14g (0.5oz.) including cable and MicroDot connector
- Temperature Range: -40°C to 45°C / -40°F to 113°F
- Relative Humidity: Up to 90 percent
- Product Code: 4066-OC-A-F00-LH