View Full Description
Powerful CORE microphone technology
Found at the heart of many of DPA's miniature microphone configurations, the innovative CORE technology offers minimised distortion, an expanded dynamic range, and an overall improved sound quality. CORE enhances the exceptional performance of DPA's existing microphone designs.
By minimising distortion, CORE exhibits a significantly clearer and more open sound throughout the entire range of the microphone. On top of this, the expansive dynamic range creates an increased workable range, and the microphone becomes much less vulnerable to overload. The increase of 14dB allows you to even capture screams without experiencing harmonic distortion.
Versatile omnidirectional polar pattern
Omnidirectional microphones are often the choice for recording large and spread-out sound sources (such as choirs and orchestras). However, they are perfect for a wide variety of close-mic'ing and vocal applications as well. This is thanks to their ability to accurately capture sound from all directions to produce an incredibly natural and realistic character in comparison to a cardioid microphone.
When omnidirectional mics are used close to the desired sound source, they retain a beautifully transparent and balanced response and do not suffer from the proximity effect (increased bass when placed close to a sound source, often associated with cardioid microphones). Whilst they are sensitive in all directions, they are much less prone to wind, pop, and handling noise, providing you with a versatile microphone that can be used effectively in a huge range of applications and indoor/outdoor venues.
High SPL handling capabilities
The 4061 utilises a high SPL-handling design, capable of dealing with levels up to a maximum of 144dB before clipping occurs. It features the same incredible acoustic performance as the standard 4060, but is approximately 10dB less sensitive. This makes it ideal for a wide range of close-mic'ing and vocal applications of very loud sound sources. One example application would be using the 4061 to mount on the head or forehead of a theatre performer - the SPL from this position is roughly 10dB louder than what would occur when mounted on the chest as is often done with lavalier microphones, allowing the mic to remain hidden under costumes whilst still retaining a clear and intelligible sound.
Customisable acoustic response
With the included microphone grids you can adapt the microphone to your specific situation with ease. The Soft Boost Grid (which comes pre-fitted) provides a soft boost of 3dB between 8kHz and 20kHz. This is perfect for head-mounted applications as well as achieving natural-sounding results. The other grid that is supplied with the 4061 is the High Boost Grid. This design provides a soft boost of 10dB around 12kHz. When mounting the microphone on the chest of a performer, the High Boost Grid is highly recommended. Each grid is crafted from incredibly durable anodized stainless steel for durability and reliability. The grids can easily be detached to allow you to clean them and the microphones themselves.
What's in the box?
- 1 x DPA CORE 4061 Omni Lavalier Microphone, Loud SPL, Beige
- 1 x Soft Boost Grid
- 1 x High Boost Grid
- Exceptional audio quality with a uniform and consistent sound
- Rugged and reliable construction with Kevlar-reinforced cable relief
- Built to withstand constant twists, bends and pulls as well as everyday use in harsh environments
- Switchable acoustic response - comes complete with a Soft Boost Grid and a High Boost Grid
- High SPL handling - up to 144dB SPL peak before clipping occurs
- Perfect for use with very loud sound sources including instruments and vocals
- Identical sonic characteristics to the 4060 but with 10dB less sensitivity
- Reduced sensitivity makes it perfect for close-miking and hidden applications such as head-mounting on a theatre performer
- Unobtrusive design allows for quick and easy concealed mounting
- Compatible with the vast array of clips, windscreens, grids and other accessories that can be purchased separately
- Can be used with DPA's unique modular adapter system for compatibility with most professional wireless systems (adapters not included, must be purchased separately)
- Directional Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Principle of Operation: Pressure
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- +/-2dB, Soft Boost Grid: 20Hz to 20kHz (3dB soft boost at 8kHz to 20kHz)
- +/-2dB, High Boost Grid: 20Hz to 20kHz (10dB boost and 12kHz)
- Nominal Sensitivity: 6mV/Pa; -44dB re. 1V/Pa (+/-3dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level:
- A-Weighted: Typ. 26dB(A) re. 20µPa (max. 28dB(A))
- ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38dB (max. 40dB)
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 68dB(A) (re. 1kHz at 1Pa (94dB SPL))
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 111dB
- Maximum SPL: 144dB
- Output Impedance: 30 to 40 Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: Up to 300m
- Power Supply: Min. 5V to max. 50V through DPA adapters (not included)
- Current Consumption: Typ. 1.5mA (microphone) (3.5mA with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter (not included))
- Connector: MicroDot
- Headset Colour: Beige
- Microphone Diameter: 5.4mm
- Microphone Length: 12.7mm
- Cable Length: 1.8m
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature Range: -40°C to 45°C
- Relative Humidity: Up to 90 percent
- Product Code: 4061-OC-C-F00