View Full Description
Introducing Version 2.0
The last free firmware for Quantum is now available. Version 2.0 features the new Vision 4 Instruments Kernel synthesis engine. This hugely expands the capabilities above and beyond the four synthesis engineers you already get when Quantum ships. Along with Wavetable, Waveform, Resonator and Particle, Kernel adds more scope for sound design than every before.
The Legacy of Waldorf
A legacy of incredible innovation. After decades of developing their world famous wavetable technology. Waldorf is proud to announce a new chapter in their tradition of designing high-end ground-breaking synthesizers. Waldorf’s famous wavetable technology gave the synthesizer a powerful, and beating heart. While the digital oscillators coupled with the enormous power and the simplicity of the analogue filters, have led the industry towards a revolution. Setting the standard since the 1980’s.
Quantum Hybrid Synthesizer
The Waldorf Quantum Polysynth offers a range of control for sound design, allowing you to unleash your creativity to create the sounds you never thought you could. The Polysynth allows you to utilise the power of digital and analogue synthesis to create futuristic sounds. Quantum combines the raw power of a classic digital & analogue hybrid synthesizer, with futuristic sounds that are only possible with today’s software synthesizers.
Incredible Sound Technology
The Waldorf Quantum offers infinite possibilities in sound production. With a range of controls and effects, you can experiment with endless sound variations. Featuring eight voices with speech and spectrum functionality. You can simultaneously play several notes. Adding incredible depth and character to your sound.
At the core are 3 digital oscillators that can run 1 of 4 synthesis algorithms independently of one another. The first algorithm, which is a wavetable synthesis, allows you sweep through wavetables to create sound. While the second is waveform mode. This offers all your traditional subtractive waves such as sine and square wave. The possibilities are endless with the Polysynth.
Quantum LCD Display screen
With each oscillator you can change the shape and character of the waveform with the highly-responsive touch screen. The ‘particle mode’ allows for granular synthesis and samples. You also have the option adding samples and re-samples. Then there’s the ‘resonator mode’. This offers you plucky tones and breathy tones. With the ability to add a different synthesis algorithm on each oscillator, the Waldorf offers an endless supply of sound creation, both simple and complex. What’s more. the Quantum features three envelopes on the front panel, and another three in the software. With a range of high-quality presets ready for you to get started. The Quantum is world to be explored.
- Nave 8-voice synthesizer with speech and spectrum functionality built in
- Waveform and spectrum will display on the touch display like in the app
- Three digital oscillators per voice with four freely assignable synthesis algorithms -
- Wavetable: Classic Waldorf wavetables
- Waveform: Traditional analog waveforms
- Partical: Granular sampler
- Resonator: Resonator filter bank
- Two dual analog filters. Voice inserts, inserting into the digital voice, going out to the analog, and two OTA filters for each voice that goes back into the voice
- Another digital former - Drive, Bit Crusher, Digital Filters etc.
- Six envelopes - Three on the panel, and three in the menu. Envelope curves
- Three digital effects
- Multistage envelope
- Six LFOs
- Responsive touch display for parameter adjustment
- Multi-timbral layering (two layers)
- Advanced Arpeggiator
- Two USB ports - Host device & MIDI control
- Stereo In for sampling
- Stereo Out
- Auxillary Out
- Pedal inputs
- SD card slot
- Classic MIDI In/Out/Thru
- Synth design guru Axel Hartmann was involved in the design of the interface