View Full Description
Updated for 2019
The OP-1 Rev 2 has been refreshed, reimagined, and reconfigured for 2019. The updated features include a brand new PCB and an update to all important OLED screen.
Synthesizer & Controller
10 built-in synthesizer engines, multiple effects and LFOs. And some really unique sequencers ready to explore.
Connect it to your computer and control your DAW with the common play, stop, rec, forward and rewind. Use the 4 rotary encoders and 8 x 2 dedicated quick keys for fast selections.
Charming, powerful, playable
Record everything on the built-in 4-track tape. Match the tape speed to the sequencer clock for some really nice overdubbing with changing pitch. Change tape speed while recording, or even record backwards in real-time. Switch to the four channel mixer and add some texture with the built-in EQ and Drive. OP-1's excellent design means you can have a track recorded and ready for mixing in just a few hours. If you take your music seriously but want to go back to what made you fall in love with it in the first place, OP-1 can take you there.
The OP-1 is the ultimate all-in-one synthesizer, sample, and controller. There are loads of neat features that help it stand out. From its sampleable FM radio to its motion-controlled effects via the G-Force sensor. It puts the fun back into music.
Drag & drop
When plugged to a MAC/PC using USB, the OP-1 shows up as a mass storage device. Ready for you to drag and drop audio files between your computer and the OP-1. The four tape tracks are available as well as sampled waveforms for you to manipulate. No additional software or drivers required. Just plug and play. This makes sampling incredibly easy and allows you to take a batch of music ready samples with you wherever you go. It simply couldn't be easier.
Colour coded interface
The unique OP-1 colour coded interface with colour graphics on the beautiful OLED display is directly related to the four colour rotary encoders and the legend on the keyboard. Easy reading and a non-technical way to control and shape your sounds. Finally, you don't have to be a scientist to use a synthesizer. The straight forward and intuitive workflow is designed to get you up and making music within moments. Record from the radio, sample, refine, remix, add drums, add keys - all at the twist of dial and the push of a button. If you're put off by the complexity of synthesizer then allow the OP-1's streamlined interface take you a musical journey.
16 hours battery power
Playing at maximum volume you can travel over the Atlantic Ocean and back constantly making music on your OP-1 before it runs out of power. And at the same time have over two years of stand by time. If you're looking for the ideal way to make music on the go then the OP-1 is for you. It's lightweight, the battery lasts for ages, and it has everything you need to make entire tracks. Music, everywhere.
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with Exchangable Architecture
- Built-in 24 Voice Instant Live Sampler
- 4 track Tape Recorder with Variable Tape Speed
- 6 Minutes Recording Time. (Up to 24 Minutes)
- 4 track Mixer with EQ, Effect, Drive and Master Out
- Multiple Exchangable Effects
- Multiple Exchangable Sequencers
- USB MIDI Controller - MAC & PC Compatible
- 2-Way USB File Transfer - MAC & PC Compatible
- Colour Coded Vector Based User Interface
- Instant Reverse and variable Tape Speed Recording
- Full Classic Tape Editing Capabilities
- Master Tempo with Beat Matching to Tape Feature
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with exchangable Architecture
- 8 dedicated instant sound select keys
- Sound Engines:
- Dr Wave - Raw 8-bit yupe sound engine
- FM - Easy to tweak FM synthesis engine
- Pulse - Square wave type engine
- String - Physical modeling with a twist
- Digital - Raw digital type of engine
- Phase - Phase distortion engine
- Cluster - Multiple Wave Cluster
- Feature additions of Engines will be available with software upgrades
- Sample Engines:
- Dedicated instant Synth Sampler with 6 seconds sampling time for each slot
- Dedicated instant Drum Sampler with 12 seconds sampling time for each slot
- With automated layout feature
- Instant sampling with built-in Microphone or Line in
- Classic ADSR type of envelope
- Dynamic Envelope for Drum sounds
- Future additions of Envelopes will be available with software upgrades
- Multiple Effects with exchangable Architecture
- Delay - Classic delay type
- Phone - Hacked phone effect
- Punch - Adds punch to your sound
- Grid - Grid based echo
- Spring - Spring reverb type
- Future additions of Effects will be available with software upgrades
- Tape Feature:
- 4 individual tracks with instant Solo
- Instant variable Tape Speed
- 6 minutes recording time in Normal tape speed.
- Up to 24 minutes recording time in Low tape speed
- Loop function with movable region
- Tape tricks for Break Tape, Bits and Reverse
- Memo 1 & 2 for instant memorizing Effects / EQ / Pan or Levels / Tape Speed
- Reverse Recording
- Classic Tape editing Features Lift / Split and Drop
- Lift tape recordings back into Sampler for endless sound design
- Motion Sensor:
- 3 Axis Motion sensor (G-Force)
- Assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter or to pitch
- Built-in FM radio
- Sample direct from any radio station
- Record direct to tape