View Full Description
Standalone sequencing unit
With Pyramid as your central unit, you can be assured complete control over the instruments in your signal chain. Acting as a brain for your synths, you can control sequencing, loops, rhythms, and effects. Bear in mind that the Pyramid does not produce sound, instead it controls every aspect of the units that do make sound. It is a very powerful tool that is useful for both studio and stage.
Wide range of connectivity
Pyramid is amazing for connecting all of the instruments in your setup. Regardless of era or connectivity. Featuring Midi, Midi USB, CV gate and DIN sync, and even a footswitch. It’s perfect for connecting all your synthesizer instruments. New or old. Modern or vintage.
The high precision clock found within Pyramid makes it an excellent synchronization tool for both old and new gear. The pulsing center of your synth set up. The Pyramid keeps everything locked together. Even if you use a computer sequence, the Pyramid will expand on it's capabilities by giving you even more control over your gear.
The Pyramid looks complex but despite the wide and varied uses, it couldn’t be simpler. You can record performances at any time, generate chords, scales, and repeats. Use the step sequencer to create details polyphonic melodies and send the date to your synthesizers. Using the typical piano roll style found in modern DAW’s, the familiarity of the sequencing means you can easily chop and change the rhythm and pitch of your sequence. You can even draw automation giving you yet more control over repeats, effects, volume, and more.
At the center of everything is the PyraOS, Pyramid’s own operating system. Control everything using this powerful tool. The user-friendly screen means that you have a graphic display over all your effects, sequences, and more. In an effort to reduce menu diving, which can hinder performance, PyraOS gives you all the tools you need on the front panel, right at your fingertips.
Fully polyrhythmic, the Pyramid gives you an incredible amount on control over the sequences, allowing you go create sophisticated rhythms or to go completely experimental. There are no limitations to the rhythmic depth capable with the Pyramid.
PyraOS features powerful MIDI effects that are capable of helping you reach your creative goals, no matter how complex. Quantization, Arpeggiators, Swing, Harmonizers, and more. PyraOS and Pyramid give you your own musical voice. Break through the noise.
”This is a superior hardware sequencer with a very versatile nature.” Sound on Sound
- Powerful 64-track MIDI sequencer.
- Has built-in CV/Gate outputs and CV inputs
- Superb polyrhythmic capabilities.
- Live unquantised or step-based recording.
- Real-time MIDI effects and effect automation.
- Max number of tracks played at the same time: 64
- Max number of patterns per track: 32
- Max number of sequences (group of tracks & patterns): 32
- Max number of projects: 256
- Max number of midi events (notes, CC, ...) per project: >8000
- Max number of effects per project: 320
- Track length: 1/4 bar (a quarter note) to 384 bars
- Track time signature: 1/1 to 24/16 or 1:1 to 24:16
- Recording resolution: 96ppqn
- Tempo: 10.0 to 999.9 BPM
- Max number of notes per step (polyphony): unlimited
- Max number of CC automation per step: unlimited
- Max number of FX automation per step: unlimited
- Max number of effects per track: 5
- Max number of assignations per track: 131
- Note pitch: C-1 to G9
- Note velocity: 0 to 127
- Note width: 1/96th to 384 bars
- Note Offset: 0 to 99
- Zoom: /4 (1 step = 4 quarter notes) to x16 (1 step = 1/64th note)
- Automation recording, drawing, importing, exporting: CC0 to CC119, pitch, mono pressure, program change, effects parameters, BPM
- MIDI in (to control Pyramid with a MIDI controller, multitrack or omni input)
- Plug and play mini USB MIDI in
- 4x CV in (jack 3.5mm) [0 to 5V]
- 2x PEDAL in (stereo jack 6.35)
- MIDI out A (up to 16 channels = 16 instruments) (turbo midi ready)
- MIDI out B (up to 16 channels = 16 instruments)
- Plug and play mini USB MIDI out (up to 16 channels = 16 instruments)
- DYN sync out (available on the MIDI out B)
- CV out (jack 3.5mm) [0 to 5V]
- ENV out (secondary CV, e.g. to sequence filters) (jack 3.5mm) [0 to 5V]
- GATE out (jack 3.5mm) [0 to 5V]
- 35 backlit silicon button pads
- Menu clickable encoder
- 5 assignable clickable encoders
- Assignable touchpad (105x65mm)
- White backlit high contrast LCD screen (15µm dot gap)
- SD card slot to save your projects and upgrade the OS.
- Power supply: mini USB bus (5V, 500mA) (included)
- Housing: machined aluminium 2mm, dark black
- Size: 206x268x44mm
- Weight: 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs)