View Full Description
The Roli Seaboard now comes complete with the award-winning FXpansion STROBE2 software polysynth (worth 145 GBP). The FXpansion STROBE2 software features a high-quality analog modelling engine with an in-depth effects section and an intuitive preset library browser. STROBE2 combines cutting-edge sounds with an ergonomic and easy-to-use interface that works perfectly in conjunction with all versions of the ROLI Seaboard. Building on its wide range of diverse sounds, the STROBE2 polysynth provides you with a variety of in-depth controls for creating your own sounds, including deep modulation processing, preset-morphing as well as being fully MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) compatible for natural and tactical 5D modulation. With its diverse range of sounds and intuitive and easy-to-use interface, the STROBE2 is the ideal companion for the ROLI Seaboard.
Five Dimensions of Touch
The Seaboard RISE 49 lets music-makers control sound through Five Dimensions of Touch. This marks a progression from the piano keyboard where only one dimension of touch - Strike - controls sound. With the five dimensions of touch you can strike the notes as usual, glide side to side for seamless pitch bending, slide up and down to modulate a sound with cutoff, brightness and more, press down and continuously apply pressure to the keywave surface to simulate the natural dynamics of an instrument, and lift off the keywave to change the sound's resonance. The Seaboard RISE 49 provides you with far more expression allowing you to play and create music like never before.
The RISE 49 sets a new standard not only for expressiveness but also for portability. Using MIDI over Bluetooth, it can be played wirelessly. Its super-thin design makes it easy to carry, as does the custom-made Soft Case that comes with every RISE 49. Its anodized aluminium chassis is designed to withstand the rigors of travel between home, studio, and gigs. A USB cable powers the Seaboard RISE 49 and automatically charges its internal battery. The battery supports up to 12 hours of wireless play using MIDI over Bluetooth so you can play and make music anywhere.
The Big Brother Of The RISE Family
The RISE 49 is part of ROLI’s Seaboard RISE product family. It features a four-octave playing surface in contrast to the two-octave RISE 25. The size of the RISE 49 makes it a full performance controller that is ideal both for stage and studio use. It combines the playability of a performance instrument with the portability of a MIDI controller.
The Seaboard RISE 49 transmits MIDI over Bluetooth to devices that support it. Mac devices running OS X 10.10 with a Bluetooth LE chip currently support MIDI over Bluetooth. The RISE 49 pairs with the mobile sound engine NOISE, available as a free App Store download for iPhones and iPads running iOS 9+.
The Seaboard RISE 49 transmits MIDI over USB and Bluetooth to software across OS X and Windows platforms. Like other MIDI controllers, it connects to a range of digital audio workstations (DAWs). Unlike other controllers, the RISE 49 is a Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE) product that uses multiple channels of MIDI simultaneously. To ensure that the connection between ROLI software and third-party software is optimized for MPE, ROLI provides templates for working with all major DAWs.
Equator software Synthesiser
Cord-free, the RISE 49 can control Equator, ROLI’s software synthesizer, on laptop or desktop. It can also work with only an iPhone through NOISE, ROLI’s mobile sound engine that is available for free download on the App Store.
Free Tracktion Waveform DAW
Get a free copy of Tracktion Waveform DAW with every purchase of either Seaboard Instrument or Seaboard Block.
- Next-generation controller for stage or studio
- 5 dimensions of touch: Strike, glide, slide, press, lift
- 49 keywaves
- Play wirelessly over bluetooth
- Portable (make music and play anywhere)
- XY touchpad
- Touch faders
- Preset browser (1000+ free sounds)
- USB controller
- Up to 12 hour battery life
- Allows you to slide between notes
- Compatible with DAWs including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Garageband, Bitwig Studio
- Compatible with programs: Cycling '74 MaxMSP, Native Instruments Kontakt Massive, SampleModeling SWAM, Spectrasonics Omnisphere
- 49 Keywaves
- 834 mm x 210 mm x 25 mm / 4.2 kg (32.8 in x 8.3 in x 0.9 in / 9.2 lbs)
- Continuous pedal input (1/4" jack)
- USB 2.0-B port (MIDI out and power)
- USB A port (for charging peripherals)
- 9–12V 2A DC port
- Internal rechargeable battery for up to 12 hours of wireless play
- Full MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth
- Bespoke Soft Case
- OS X 10.8+ / Windows 7+ / iOS 9+
- Intel Core i5 2.5GHz or faster recommended
- 4 GB RAM minimum / 8 GB RAM recommended
- 2 GB available disk space for Equator installation
What comes in the box
- Seaboard RISE 49
- Soft Case
- USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Product registration card (for downloads of Equator, Dashboard and Bitwig 8-track)
- User Manual Warranty information