View Full Description
The Roli Seaboard now comes complete with the award-winning FXpansion STROBE2 software polysynth (worth 145 GBP). The FXpansion STROBE2 software features a high-quality analog modelling engine with an in-depth effects section and an intuitive preset library browser. STROBE2 combines cutting-edge sounds with an ergonomic and easy-to-use interface that works perfectly in conjunction with all versions of the ROLI Seaboard. Building on its wide range of diverse sounds, the STROBE2 polysynth provides you with a variety of in-depth controls for creating your own sounds, including deep modulation processing, preset-morphing as well as being fully MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) compatible for natural and tactical 5D modulation. With its diverse range of sounds and intuitive and easy-to-use interface, the STROBE2 is the ideal companion for the ROLI Seaboard.
Unlimited Expression and Dynamic Playability
Unlike traditional keyboards and pianos the Seaboard GRAND incorporates soft and tactile silicon keywaves which can be played like a keyboard but however offer much more control and dynamics through the sensor technology which allows you to add unique flourishes such as vibrato and pitchbend without the use of a modulation wheel.
Standalone and Controller Operation Modes
Loaded with a huge variety of natural and realistic on board tones the Seaboard GRAND can be played in standlone mode through the stereo outputs or by connecting to a digital audio workstation through the provided USB connections. With a range of included software such as FXpansion Synth Squad, Equator and Seaboard GRAND dashboard the musical possibilities with the Seaboard GRAND are virtually endless and allow you to play a range of different virtual instruments with never before seem realism and dynamics.
The Seaboard GRAND stage is controlled by a singular touch sensitive, rotary dial which features a subtle LED light to indicate which preset is currently selected providing an extremely user friendly interface with real time visualisation.
Equator Software Synthesizer
Equator is a revolutionary software synthesizer that comes included with the ROLI Seaboard GRAND which allows you to fully harness the power of the Seaboard. With a huge library of preset sounds already included with Equator you can plug in and start creating ground breaking music in no time at all. With everything from realistic and dynamic instruments to surreal and weird synth sounds Equator puts the power and creativity in your hands right from the word go. Additionally the extensive multidimensional modulation capabilities such as the tweakable envelopes, LFOs, EQ, oscillators, effects and wave dynamics mean you never have to settle for a sound again.
FXpansion Synth Squad
The Seaboard GRAND ships with a custom version of FXpansion's Synth Squad package, optimised for plug-and-play compatibility with the Seaboard. Synth Squad comprises thee analogue-modelling synths (Cypher, Amber and Strobe) that can be combined and layered through the powerful Fusor environment. All four come as standalone apps as well as in VST, AU, RTAS and AAX formats.
"Influential, innovative and Inspiring"
The Daily Telegraph
"This can lead to the development of more intuitive ways for humans to interact with digital technology..."
The Wall Street Journal
"...the piano keyboard has existed for several centuries without any massive changes but the designers at ROLI have just pushed it forward..."
"My brief encounter left me astonished, above all, by the way in which to play was to start learning with the body as much as with the mind."
- Features a unique soft, tactile silicon keywave playing surface, for ultimate sensitivity and expression
- Same muscle memory layout and playability of a piano keyboard but with more expressivity
- Have the ability to control pitch, volume and timbre using just your fingertips
- Continuous aftertouch and polyphonic per note pitch bend
- Intuitive ribbon controls for impressive glissando and pitch slide effect
- Manipulate sounds organically like an acoustic stringed instrument
- 61 Keywave model for studio and live use
- Industry standard IO including stereo outputs, headphone output, 2 USB ports and 3 programmable expression pedal inputs
- Equator sound engine and software offering real time multi-dimensional synthesis
- Free upgrades to future software releases
- Designed and built by hand in London, England
- Keywaves: 61
- Inputs: 3 x 1/4" Jack (Continuous Pedals)
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" Jack (Balanced Output), 2 x 1/8" Jacks (Balanced Headphones)
- Additional Connections: 1 x USB (Type A), 1 x USB (Type B)
- Controller Protocols: MIDI, MDC
- Power Requirements: 9-12V DC Power Supply
- Includes (USB Drive Software): Equator Software, Seaboard GRAND Dashboard Software, FXpansion SynthSquad
- Height: 1"
- Width: 36.9"
- Depth: 13.3"
- Weight: 7 Kg
Equator Sound Engine
- FM and subtractive synthesis
- Multi-layer sample playback
- User definable envelopes
- Comprehensive modulation matrix
- Independent dynamic voice control
- Effects including delay, chorus and reverb
- System Type: Mac
- Operating System: OS X 10.7+
- Processor: i5 2.5GHz (or faster)
- RAM: 4GB (Min) - 8 GB (Recommended)