View Full Description
Unlock your creativity
The Matriarch's design is based on the idea that imagination is key to creating sonic worlds. Total emphasis on creativity. This allows you to delve deeper into the world of synthesis and take yourself into undiscovered plains of sonic wonderment.
The patchable architecture offers huge scope for exploration and allows you to control many different parameters, much like that of a modular synth. The Matriarch plays very well with modular synths too and will fit brilliantly alongside your current rig.
The four-note paraphony allows you to create extremely rich textures - the harmonic shapes created can be stored on the easy-to-use 256 step sequencer. If you're focusing on leads then the four oscillators can be stacked for huge mono sounds.
Classic design that looks to the future
Based on the original Bob Moog designs, the Matriarch is filled old school vibes yet evokes a very forward facing outlook.
The assortment of modules are classic Moog and it features a 100 analog signal path. Spanning a huge range of sound making and modulating circuits anything is possible. From huge bass lines to plucks and pads. The entire language of analog vocabulary can be reached with this exceptional synthesizer. From its ladder filters, the envelope generators, and incredible stereo analog delays. Nothing is out of reach.
Semi modular exploration
At its core, the Matriarch is a semi-modular synthesizer. This means there is an array of patch points. Great for modulating parameters within the synth's circuitry.
The 90 points are easily accessible via patch cables - which have been kindly included with the Matriarch - giving you a lot of ways to play with and manipulate sounds. Although patching is incredibly powerful, it isn't necessary. It gives you a much deeper level of control but the Matriarch can be used without having to patch anything.
The Matriarch is ready for stage and studio and is a hugely beneficial addition to your arsenal of sound creators. In fact, it might just take centre stage.
- Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. (Can be decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear)
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer - no patching required
- 90 modular patch points for endless exploration
- Oscillators based on the Minimoog
- Mixer based on the classic CP3 module
- Filters based on the classic 904A ??module
- Envelopes based on the classic 911 module
- VCAs based on the classic 902 module
- Analog Delay based on the MF-104M and 500 Series effects
- Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard w/ patchable velocity and aftertouch
- 4 analog oscillators w/ selectable waveshape and hard sync per-oscillator
- Full-range analog LFO with 6 selectable waveshapes
- Dual analog filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes available
- Dual analog ADSR envelopes
- Dual analog VCAs
- 3x bipolar voltage controlled attenuators with ring mod capability
- 2x4 parallel wired unbuffered multis
- Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs
- 1/4“ external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines, and more throughMatriarch’s analog circuits
- Stereo ¼” and 3.5mm Eurorack level audio outputs
- Type: Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- Sound engine?: 100 Analog
- Number of keys: 49 Full-Size Keys
- Type of keys?: Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are nothard-wired – available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- Other controllers?: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal into CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
- Polyphony: Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic
- Sound sources: 4x Analog Oscillators with Selectable Waveforms (Oscillators 2, 3,and 4 support Hard Sync), White Noise Generator, External Input jack
- Mixer: 6 input (5 eurorack level and 1 instrument level) DC coupled discrete mixer with asymmetrical clipping behaviour
- Filters: 24dB/Octave Low Pass Filter with Resonance, 24dB/Octave switchable LowPass/High Pass Filter with Resonance. Configurable in parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP),and series (HP/LP)
- Mod sources: Analog Modulation Oscillator with selectable and patchable output(Sine, Saw, Ramp, Square, Stepped Triangle, Smoothed Random, Sample and Hold,Noise). Additional LFO (Tri, Square)
- Envelopes: 2x Four-Stage ADSR with End of Envelope gate outputs
- Attenuators: 3x Bipolar Voltage Controlled Attenuators with Ring Mod capabilities
- Multis: 2x4 Parallel-wired Non-buffered Patch Points
- VCAs: 2x discrete analog VCAs routed in stereo
- Effects: Stereo Analog Delay with Ping/Pong, MIDI and CV clock sync, voltage controlled Mix, and independent L/R delay times, feedback, and I/O
- Arpeggiator / Step sequencer: 256 Steps with up to 4 notes per step; 12Sequence locations
- Patch points: 90 x 3.5mm front and rear panels, 49 Inputs, 33 Outputs, 2x4Parallel-wired Multis.
- Pedal inputs: 1/4” Sustain, 1/4” Expression
- Audio inputs: 1/4” TS jack (Rear Panel)
- Audio outputs: 2x 1/4” TS jacks for line level output (Rear Panel), 1/4” Headphone jack with dedicated level knob (rear panel), 2x 3.5mm Eurorack level outputs, 2x 3.5mmDelay outputs
- MIDI I/O?: 5-pin DIN In, Out, Thru; plus MIDI over USB (Rear Panel)
- Dimensions: 32” (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
- Power: Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A, 100 to 240 Volts AC,50/60Hz with screw-on barrel connector.
- Weight: 24lbs. / 10.89kg
- Product Code: MOD-MATR-DK-06
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug or a 220V EU plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection or a 220V circuit, using an EU plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country.
Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.