View Full Description
What Is A Theremin?
The Theremin is one of the oldest electronic instruments, and the only one known to play without touching. Moving your hands in the space around its antennas controls pitch and volume. Like the Ethervox, the Etherwave is an authentic adaptation of inventor Leon Theremin's original design.
The Invisible Untouchable Instrument
The Moog Etherwave is an invisible untouchable instrument that allows you to control pitch and volume by moving your hands through the air. It is a space controlled musical instrument that allows you to create a range of drone, ambient, and spooky sounds. Control sounds like never before using the Etherwave. By moving your hands, you can control the pitch and volume, and create effects like vibrato. The Etherwave can be played by interacting with the 2 electronic antennae using subtle hand gestures. The vertical one controls pitch, whereas the horizontal one controls volume. It provides you with new ways to experiment with music and gestural control. The Etherwave is made for live performance and experimentation. The method of playing offers the user a freedom not found on other musical instruments.
The Moog Etherwave features a design that retains the characteristics of the original Theremin. Designed for ruggedness and portability, the Etherwave features two 3/8'' nickel-plated, brass tube antennas, with the cabinet made from furniture-grade hardwood, and finished with a custom Moog stain, providing authenticity.
The Etherwave features rotary knobs for Pitch, Volume, Waveform, and Brightness. The pitch knob allows you to adjust the response of the pitch antenna, making it more sensitive. The Waveform rotary control can be used to adjust the waveform of the audio output, allowing you to experiment with different timbres. The Brightness rotary control adjusts the brightness of the sound, allowing you to change the tone.
- Re-imagination of the classic Theremin
- Controlled with gestural movements
- Control pitch and volume with the 2 antennae
- 5-octave pitch range
- Furniture-grade hardwood, finished with a custom Moog stain
- Ash design
- Includes 2 video tutorials on 1 DVD:
- Clara Rockmore, the Greatest Theremin Virtuosa
- Mastering the Theremin, featuring Lydia Kavina
- POWER: Rocker switch - switches on and off the AC power to theremin
- AUDIO OUT: Standard 1/4'' phone jack, which delivers line level output to your amplifier
- PITCH: Rotary control, for adjusting the response of the pitch antenna
- VOLUME: Rotary control, for adjusting the response of the volume antenna
- WAVEFORM: Rotary control, for adjusting the waveform of the audio output
- BRIGHTNESS: Rotary control, for adjusting the brightness of the audio output
- POWER INPUT Receptacle for the special AC adapter that comes with the Etherwave, 110 volt and 220 volt adapters are available
- ANTENNA CONNECTORS: Threaded connectors which allow the antennas to be removed for travel
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.