View Full Description
Based On The Mellotron M400
The Mellotron M4000D focuses on taking the original Mellotron's design into the digital age. The sounds and design of the Mellotron M4000D stay true to the original M400 featuring 100 original Mellotron and Chamberlin lead sounds taken from the first-generation tape library, giving you access to the original vintage sounds from the 60s and 70s. You can also extend your sound library thanks to the expansion slot, which gives you 100 extra sounds on special compact flash cards. The M4000D has been well received in the keyboard community wiht a wide-range of well known artists using it on stage and in the studio including: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Incubus, Raphael Saadiq and more. The Mellotron M4000D features 37-keys with depth sensitivity and polyphonic aftertouch via MIDI out, perfect for professional players who require dynamic changes and more.
Custom 24-Bit Audio Reproduction
Bringing the Mellotron into the digital age, the M4000D features 24-bit digital uncompressed audio playback, utilising the custom streaming technology for the best audio quality possible. The streaming technology itself was developed in-house at Mellotron, the advanced 24-bit audio reproduction brings the vintage sounds to life with an added sheen from the audio reproduction. The software and audio engine itself had taken 3 years to design and develop, with the original idea to produce a digital version of the Mellotron first conceived within the 90's. The development and design process ensures maximum audio quality and performance value.
Display & Connectivity
The Mellotron M4000D features two high-quality TFT displays with a backlit laser cut front panel, allowing you to view your sounds and change parameters on the fly. The dual TFT displays will display a picture of the actual instrument you are using, giving you a convenient visual representation of what sounds you are currently using. Additionally the backlit laser front panel adds to its versatility, giving you the ability to use the keyboard in low-light environments, perfect for live performances. In addition to its dual TFT displays, the Mellotron M4000D features a range of connections on the rear panel including: MIDI out, MIDI in, Expansion Slots, Sustain In, Phones, Expression In (x2), Volume In, Line Outputs and three gold-plated XLR outputs. This wide range of connections makes it perfect for studio or live use, allowing you to utilise the keyboard for a range of applications from recording music in a studio setting to live performances. Additionally the lightweight design features a furniture quality cabinet with a hinged lid to match its vintage sound.
Expansive Sound Bank
As previously mentioned the M4000D also features an expansion slot on the rear panel of the keyboard, allowing you to expand your sound bank with a range of new sounds. The expansion slot allows you to add up to 100 extra sounds to the M4000D with a special format compact flash card. In total, there is 8 expansion cards on the way featuring a large variety of sounds. The built-in sound bank features a range of Mellotron and Chamberlin sounds for added versatility that you can tweak and edit with the Tone, Pitch and Mix controls allowing you to affect the sound and combine different voices for added depth.
- Mellotron style wooden keyboard with depth sensitivity and polyphonic aftertouch via MIDI out
- 100 original Mellotron and Chamberlin lead sounds included, with IMMEDIATE access
- The sounds are taken from the original first-generation tape library giving the same sound quality as the original Mellotrons made in the 60s and 70s
- It has our very advanced and in-house developed streaming technology for uncompressed 24 bit audio reproduction
- The software and audio engine has taken 3 years to develop, but our concept of the digital Mellotron has been in development since the mid 90s. We bought parts of the original inventory from a company called 'Mellotron Digital'
- Furniture quality cabinet with hinged lid
- Expansion slot gives you 100 extra sounds on special compact flash cards, all from the original archives. There will be ca 8 expansion cards released with a large variety of sounds
- Two high-quality TFT displays and a backlit laser cut front panel
- Our very advanced and in-house developed streaming technology for uncompressed 24 bit audio reproduction
- Three gold plated balanced XLR outputs, all other connectors are gold plated for maximum reliablilty
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 859x501x135 mm
- Weight: 17.5 kg