View Full Description
Smaller than an iPad and less than 1" thick, the compact and lightweight design of the iRig Pads enables you to take it anywhere, and can easily fit into any backpack or laptop bag to be carried around with ease. With no need for a power adaptor, the iRig Pads is even more portable with ultra low-consumption, which means it's fully functional as soon as you connect it into its host device - iPhone, iPad or iPod touch via its included Lightning cable, (30-pin connector sold seperately) or your Mac or PC via its included USB cable. Simply plug in and start creating!
Be in control of every situation with the incredibly versatile iRig Pads, featuring a 4x4 grid of 16 velocity-sensitive, backlit multicolour rubber pads. Each pad lights up in multiple colours - red, green, orange and every shade in between - depending on the velocity of your playing and the MIDI information sent by your chosen music app or software. Also featuring two knobs, two pusbuttons, one slider and one pushbutton rotary encoder. Up to 16 distinct MIDI maps or "scenes" can be saved and recalled instantly for full control of apps and software thanks to the MIDI assignable and customizable controls.
You can now have a world of sound in your pocket with the high quality sampled instruments, drums, loops and MIDI patterns featured on the iRig Pads. The familiar 16-pad layout makes it an ideal platform for creating beats while on the go, wherever you are. It comes with SampleTank free for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad, the portable version of IK's powerful sound workstation.
If you're on a Mac or PC, you can get creative with a fully featured version of IK's next generation sound and groove workstation with 6.5 GB of content, for over 400 instruments and 150 MIDI patterns. Combined with the iRig Pads, it creates a complete music production workstation that gives you a full palette of sounds that will help you take your beats to the next level. The included SampleTank 3 SE, soon to be available as a download from the IK user area, is a natural fit for the iRig Pads, enabling you to quickly and easily organize your sounds, patterns and loops over the pads.
As well as beat making, you can use the iRig Pads to create grooves and launch loops. Trigger loops and grooves in real time from the pads to remix non-stop electronic, dance and hip-hop tracks and get results that always sound like professional productions. Control the groove like never before with iRig Pads and Groovemaker 2, available free for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, by changing BPM, fade volume, add effects and more.
The IK Multimedia iRig Pads is also a portable DJ setup that you can take with you anywhere. Simply connect the iRig Pads to your iPad and download the free DJ Rig app, which will enable you to sync and blend the songs in your devices iTunes Music Library via two virtual turntables. You can push the pitch, control effects and EQs, cue samples and enjoy nearly full tactile control of the app, perfect for live DJ mixing.
- Ultra-portable MIDI pad controller and groove production station for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC
- Extremely small size with a slim form factor that can be taken with you anywhere
- 16-velocity-sensitive backlit rubber pads that light multiple colors depending on velocity and outgoing and incoming MIDI messages
- Two MIDI knobs, two pushbuttons, one slider and a pushbutton rotary encoder, all programmable
- 16 user-programmable MIDI scenes for instant recall of custom MIDI maps
- Features pre-programmed MIDI scenes for SampleTank for iPhone and iPad with more coming soon
- Fully MIDI class-compliant
- Perfect for making beats, cueing loops and Djing
- Lightning connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available separately
- Expression/sustain pedal input
- USB port can supply power when connected to iOS devices for no battery drain
- Number of Performance Pads: 16 x velocity sensitive rubber pads
- Number of Encoders/Pots: 2 x assignable knobs, 1 x rotary encoder
- Number of Sliders/Faders: 1 x slider
- System Requirements Mac: OS X 10.6 or later
- System Requirements PC: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP1), Windows 7, Windows 8
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- MIDI I/O: via USB
- USB: Yes
- Height: 0.9"
- Width: 7.5"
- Depth: 8.1"
- Weight: 1.2 lbs.
- Power Supply: Bus Powered
- Manufacturer Part Number: IP-IRIG-PADS-IN