View Full Description
Flexible envelope shaping
Take control over your transients. The Black Dual ASR EG gives you a wide range of adjustability to work on or around the fast transients in your tracks that shape and sculpt them to add character and variety. You can fine-tune the controls to get that perfect snap or click from a fast, snappy envelope, or you can retain a quick response and slowly tune out that clicking artefact. An ASR is perfect for Eurorack gated sequencing, making the Black Dual ASR EG perfect for the performing musician. Giving you the ability to create rhythmic variations to a full sequence to keep your music and performance fresh and interesting.
The Black Dual ASR EG Module has two timing configurations - short and three times longer. This can be modified by removing the jumpers on the back of the module, giving you the possibility of having one EG configured for a short timing, and another for the three times longer timing. This gives you a wide array of flexibility when configuring your envelope to create new and interesting waveforms. In the shortest settings, the envelope is very crisp and percussive in its progression. Optionally, each of the two envelopes can be used as an LFO in the Loop Mode, allowing for control over the frequency and waveform simultaneously, turning the module into a voltage-controlled drone oscillator with an adjustable waveform.
For control and modulation, you have CV inputs on the Attack and Decay stage of each envelope, allowing for external control for an even wider variety of transient shaping. There’s a CV output for End of Cycle (EOC) and a loop mode to turn it into a Rise/Fall or Attack/Decay style LFO.
Erica Synths Black Series modules
Erica Synths are renowned for creating high-end, premium quality equipment and gear. The Black Series of modules is no exception. Crafted from only the highest quality components, Erica's Black modules ensure pristine signal flow and excellent product life and durability, whilst all of the inputs and outputs are protected against overvoltage. The Black Series puts astounding design, innovation, and usability above the often limited capabilities of creating compact, narrow modules, resulting in a slightly larger module, but one that is filled to the brim with intelligent and exciting features and functions. The Black Series is the perfect choice for anyone who desires a powerful, versatile, and incredibly reliable modular system.
- Attack 1, Attack 2: These are manual Attack time controls. The incoming CV is added to the knob position. For the LFO operation, this knob will control the slope of the rising edge of the LFO waveform.
- Decay 1, Decay 2: These are manual Decay/Release time controls. The incoming CV is added to the knob position. For the LFO operation, this knob will control the slope of the falling edge of the LFO waveform.
- Manual 1, Manual 2: These are the manual gate buttons. A built-in LED indicates the envelope state.
- Loop 1, Loop 2: These are Loop/Gated EG switches. An incoming Gate will reset the loop to zero, so looping EG in combination with an incoming gate will make more advanced envelopes. For LFO operation the switch should be in Loop position.
- A1 CV, A2 CV: These are the Attack/rising edge CV inputs.
- D1 CV, D2 CV: These are the Decay/falling edge CV inputs.
- Gate 1, Gate 2: These are the Trigger/Gate inputs. When a trigger is applied, the module will output the AD envelope, when a gate is applied, it will output the ASR envelope. The gate of the first EG is normalised to the gate input of the second EG, so they start simultaneously – a very useful feature if you wish to control a VCA and a VCF from a single gate
- EOC1, EOC2: These are the End for Cycle outputs – they output a high signal when the envelope reaches an end position. Use this output to trigger other events in your system or retrigger the second envelope generator for advanced multi-stage envelopes. The LED indicates when the output is +5V
- EG 1, EG 2: These are the envelope outputs.
- BP 1, BP 2: These are the bi-polar LFO outputs.
- Attack time: 0-1” (3”)
- Decay/Release time: 0,01” – 3” (9”)
- EG level: 0 – 10V
- Bi-polar LFO level: -5V - +5V
- EOC trigger level: +5V
- CV level (full span): -5V - +5V
- Power consumption: +38mA, -32mA
- Module width: 10HP
- Module depth: 35mm
- Product code: BLACKDUALASR-EG