View Full Description
Premium synthesizer technology
Access a new world of serious synthesis. All the sounds you could ever need, right at your fingertips. The Prophet 12 is a modern, professional synthesizer that combines an elegant build with cutting edge features. The Prophet 12 features a tuned feedback path, a four-tap stereo delay per voice, expanded arpeggiator functionality, deep modulation capabilities and bi-timbral operation. The LFOs, delay and arpeggiator can all be synced to MIDI, and there are two programmable position- and pressure-sensitive touch sliders as well as the standard pitch and mod wheels.
Huge sound crafting capabilities
Each of the Prophet 12's voices is built using a new hybrid digital/analogue architecture which helps it sound different to any other DSI synth. A digital front end is followed by an all analogue signal path output and each voice has five high res digital oscillators, a resonant Curtis low-pass filter, a digital character effects section, a high-pass filter, tuneable feedback circuit, a four-tap delay line with feedback per line, four loopable five-stage envelope generators, four synchronisable LFOs with slew and phase offset, sophisticated arpeggiator and a sixteen slot modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 modulation destinations!
The Prophet 12's digital oscillators can be frequency and amplitude modulated by each other with impressive accuracy. You can freely assign them in whatever operator and modulator configurations you choose or each assigned to modulate LFOs, envelopes and filters.
Packed with a ton of sonic possibilities and power, the Prophet 12 invites you to control every aspect of your sound. The instinctive interface allows you to program and edit every parameter from the synth's front panel. Whether in the studio or on stage, you'll be able to access what you want quickly and easily without any extra fuss.
Professional build quality
The Prophet 12 is a sleek Dave Smith synthesizer ready to handle whatever you can throw at it. Its tough construction means that it's more than tour ready. Its timeless aesthetic is coupled with modern day housing to help it last for years to come.
Featuring a digital front end and an analog signal path. The Prophet 12 has the best of digital flexibility and analog character. Everything can be modulated and the full sized five-octave weighted keyboard provides a huge performative advantage. Whether you're working on new sounds in the studio, or stunning the crowd at the big show. The Prophet 12 will stand out whatever the context.
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It's harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
Feedback and Delay
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO's with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Programmable Distortion
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- More than 50 knobs and 50 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low light situations and have a smooth yet precise feel and response.
- Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range.
- Two assignable position- and pressure-sensitive latchable touch sliders for enhanced interactivity and control.
- Full-sized, 5-Octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs. Create four play lists with up to forty programs each!
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Oiled bubinga wood end panels and trim
- 38.4" L x 12.8" W x 4.15" H (97.5 cm x 32.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
- 26 lbs. (11.8 kg)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.