View Full Description
Keeping the same Prophet vibe, the Prophet 12 module is ready to handle and sound in any setting with a massive 12 voice polyphony, sophisticated architecture and a sleek design. The brand new digital/analog architecture sounds different than any other DSI line of synths.
The new Prophet 12 module has a digital front end followed by an all-analog signal path output. Each voice has five high-res digital oscillators, a digital character effects section, a resonant Curtis low-pass filter, a high-pass filter, a tune-able feedback circuit and a four-tap delay line with feedback per line.
The sonic potential and power of the Prophet 12 module is backed up further by four loopable five-stage generators, four syncable LFOS with slew and phase offset, a sophisticated arpeggiator and a sixteen slot modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 modulation destinations!
Frequency and amplitude modulate the oscillators with incredible accuracy. You can freely assign oscillators in whatever operator and modulator configurations you choose. You can even assign each of the oscillators to modulate LFOs, envelope and filters.
The Streamlined interface of the Prophet 12 makes it quick and easy to control every parameter of the synth. Each synth section can be selected at the press of a button. Easily create modulation assignments using the Assign Mod buttons. Dedicated Low and High Pass Filter potentiometers provide quick and smooth control of the filters.
At home on your desk, rack or on stage, the Prophet 12 module has a rugged steel enclosure. An extensive MIDI implementation covers every available parameter on the synth, you can easily pair the Prophet 12 with your favourite MIDI controller or DAW.
A cutting edge hybrid synth, the Prophet 12 defines what a polyphonic synth is. A combination of form and function, it is sturdy, portable and elegant.
Features / Specifications
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It's harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
Feedback and Delay
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO's with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- 12 knobs and 34 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Crisp OLED display is easily visible in low light situations and from many angles.
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs
- Create four play lists with up to forty programs each
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Oiled walnut wood end panels
- Dimensions: 41.9 cm L x 17.3 cm W x 7.2 cm H
- Weight: 2.21 kg
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.