View Full Description
Version 2.5 - What's new
The MicroGranny 2.0 is updated with a new chip containing the latest software version (2.5). This updated chip. The new and improved software chip features a slew of new features and upgrades including improved stability, upgraded randomizer, the ability to store instant loops and in-depth detailed control of the grain size and shift speed. Version 2.5 also includes a new and improved sample bank, as well as fixed in MIDI implementation.
Compact granular sampler
The BASTL microGranny 2.5 is a highly portable monophonic granular sampler, with a versatile design that allows you to play and store samples directly with your microSD card. The sampler boasts 60 presets in 20 banks, with 6 presets per bank with 6 sounds in total. The factory sounds can be adjusted to your own desires and storable in a preset once finished. As well as being able to playback .WAV samples, the microGranny allows you to record to 8-bit .WAV using the line input or the onboard microphone.
In-depth control and hackable design
The monophonic design allows you to adjust the start, end sample rate, crush and envelope for optimal control. The open source style design allows you to hack the internal components for endless possibilities. Using Arduino, you can hack the BASTL microGranny 2.5 to your own requirements, adding in custom functionality and settings.
It also includes a wide range of settings and controls including granular settings for changing the grain size and shift speed. You can also copy and paste samples as well as change the attack and release for added versatility. Hold, Sample Rate and Crush controls are also included for in-depth modulation.
Compact design, versatile connectivity
The highly compact design is highly portable, ideal for musicians on the move, suited to both live and studio applications. The microGranny 2.5 Sampler includes a MIDI input as well as a MIDI side chain envelope, allowing it respond to notes, cc and clock equipment. There is also an input and output volume knob for setting the levels of your external devices. A power switch is also included for turning of the unit when not in use. Its compact yet robust design is colourful yet sleek, and will fit snugly into any backpack or pocket.
- Ships with new Version 2.5 software chip with new and improved sample bank
- Monophonic mono sampler
- microSD card (storing + recording samples, storing presets)
- 6 sounds with full adjustments storable in a preset at once
- 60 presets in 10 banks (6 preset per bank), stored as .txt files on microSD card
- Wav sample playback from microSD card (mono, 22050 Hz, 8 or 16 bit, two letter file name)
- 8-bit 22050Hz wav recording via line input or onboard microphone
- Hold button, sample rate (tuned or free run) and crush controls
- Start, end position with repeat, instant loop
- Granular settings includes grain size and shift speed (positive or negative)
- Amplitude envelope attack and release
- MIDI Input – responds to note, cc and clock (synchronize loop and grains)
- MIDI side chain envelope restart
- Copy & paste functionality
- Input & output volume knob
- Power switch – plug / battery
- Hackable – Arduino based
- Product Code: MICRO-GRANNY Black Noir