View Full Description
Hammer action keybed - ultimate expression
The thing that sets the Keylab 88 apart from its siblings is the premium quality, hammer-action keybed. This Fatar-grade keybed delivers optimal expressiveness, providing the same feel as a grand piano, for a truly authentic playing experience. The keybed is accompanied by a modulation and pitch bend wheel for added control when playing live. Not only is the Keylab 88 MKII ideal for studio productions, but it can also be great as a live performance instrument with its wide range of controls and ergonomic interface.
Performance pads, encoders and rotary controls
In addition to the premium-grade keybed, the Keylab MKII also includes a range of other useful parameters and controls. 16 RGB backlit performance pads are included, perfect for finger drumming and triggering samples. The performance pads can also be useful for triggering pre-programmed chords and switching between control maps.
Nine large faders and nine rotary knobs are also included, perfect for controlling automation, volume and other parameters within your chosen DAW. One of the most unique features is the magnetic overlays which can be used to annotate the 16 transport controls for maximum control. This allows you to control transport controls within your selected DAW at the touch of a button.
Seamless DAW integration
The Keylab MKII is ideal for use with digital audio workstations, being highly suited to Ableton thanks to the quick-mapped controls. It will work seamlessly with a wide range of DAWs including Ableton, Reason, FL Studio, Logic and more. It even includes quick access buttons for quickly loading and using patches such as piano sounds via the Piano button. It also provides maximum control for Arturia’s software instruments such as the V Collection.
Complete with Ableton Live Lite and Arturia VSTs
To get you started straight away, the keyboard comes complete with a range of premium-grade software including the renowned DAW – Ableton Live Lite. Ableton Live Lite is a condensed version of Ableton Live, providing everything you need to compose, edit and record music. In addition to Ableton Live Lite is Arturia’s own Piano V software instrument.
The Piano V is Arturia’s physically modelled piano studio, featuring a range of premium-grade piano emulations. Also included is the inspiring preset collection Analog Lab, which includes a wide variety of high-end presets and patches.
Sleek contemporary design with versatile connectivity
The compact yet robust design features a sleek aluminium chassis, with real wood side panels for a rich, high-class aesthetic. The modulation and pitch wheels are also constructed from the same luxurious machine aluminium. It features a built-in LED screen complete with a navigation wheel for changing settings, complete with smart category controls for quick and easy setting recall. The rear of the unit features sustain and expression inputs for use with external pedals.
Also included are three configurable AUX inputs for creative control for both studio and stage applications. One of the things that sets the Keylab MKII apart from conventional MIDI keyboard controllers is the modular connectivity. It features integrated connections for CV pitch, gate and two modulation controls for use with external synths and Eurorack modules.
- Limited edition black finish
- 88 note Fatar TP/100LR keybed
- High quality, aftertouch, velocity sensitive, hammer-action, piano feel keyboard
- 16 RGB-backlit performance pads
- Control bank with 9 faders and 9 rotary knobs
- Control modular equipment with 4 CV/Gate outputs, controlling pitch, gate, and modulation
- Seamless integration with all Arturia software instruments
- Presets for multiple DAWs, with magnetic overlays for controls
- Huge connectivity, including expression, sustain, CV/Gate, MIDI, USB and 3 assignable auxiliary pedal inputs
- Includes Analog Lab software with 7000 synth and keyboard sounds
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Piano V, Wurli V, and Vox Continental V
System Requirements (For Software)
- Type Of Keys: Hammer-action, velocity sensitive
- Encoders/Pots: 9
- Faders: 9
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (sustain), 1 x 1/4" (expression), 3 x 1/4" (aux)
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/8" (CV in), 4 x 1/8" (CV out, Gate out, Mod 1, Mod 2)
- Operating System: Windows 7 or better // OS 1.10 or better
- Recommended RAM: 4GB
- Hard Disk Space: 2GB
- Dimensions: 50.9 x 12.7 x 4.4 inches (1293 x 322 x 112mm)
- Weight: 32.4 lbs. (14.7 Kg)
- Product Code: 230643