View Full Description
Incredible sound with high-resolution audio
The Shanling M5s is perfect for music lovers who love high-end audio fidelity. At the core of the M5s media player is the brand new AKM AK4493EQ DAC. This new chip features Velvet Sound architecture as well as a dedicated LSI audio processor from AKM’s flagship DAC. The result is improved sound staging, lower distortion and a better signal-to-noise ratio.
Dual TI OPA1612 dual-channel operational amplifiers provide the lowest crosstalk possible with zero interaction between channels. This result in a purer audio signal, eliminating interface from other components. Two ADI AD837 dual op amps provide low distortion and high output, resulting in a clean and highly dynamic output. It even provides enough power for the more demanding audiophile headphones.
The wide range of premium-grade components delivers significantly increased power for high-resolution audio performance. The in-depth sound reproduction captures every nuance of your music, with incredible detail.
Crisp touchscreen display and long-battery life
Intuitive control, anywhere you go. The M5s utilises a new and improved 3.2-inch touch screen from LG. The improved brightness and precision allow you to easily navigate your songs, change settings and more. It features a curved glass and sleek metal body provides a firm and comfortable grip. It also has an Oleophobic and hydrophobic coating, helping to reduce fingerprint smears. The compact design is optimised for one-handed operation, allowing you to easily handle the media player whilst on the move.
The long-lasting battery life ensures you will never be without your music. Using the single-ended input, the media player will last up to 17 hours. Using the balanced output it can last up to 12 hours. When left on deep standby, the Shanling M5 s can last up to a staggering 45 days.
Two-way Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology
The integrated Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology allows you to use various Bluetooth-enabled devices. You can stream your music from the audio player directly to a Bluetooth speaker or wireless headphones for when you are on the move. The two-way design allows you to send and receive Bluetooth signals. This means you can also stream music from your phone directly to the M5s.
Built-in Wi-Fi for streaming and firmware updates
One of the most unique features of the Shanling M5s is the integrated Wi-Fi connectivity. It provides support for DLNA (currently only DMR) as well as AirPlay. This gives you the ability to stream from your phone or computer and enjoy high-end playback of your favourite music.
Not only can you stream music, the Wi-Fi can be used for OTA (Over The Air) updates. This means you can update the firmware of the media player without the need for a computer. Once connected to Wi-Fi, the device can be updated to the latest version with a simple click.
Use the M5s as a standalone DAC/AMP
Connecting the M5s to your computer allows you to use the audio player as a standalone DAC/AMP. This can greatly improve the audio from your onboard soundcard, allowing you to listen to music on your computer with extreme detail and clarity. The M5s can also be connected to other DACs via USB, serving as a pure digital transport including full support for native DSD files.
- Portable high-resolution music player
- Expertly designed fully balanced circuit
- High-end sound performance provides an immersive listening experience and exceptional clarity
- Two-way Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology
- Supports resolutions ranging up to 32-bit/768kHz
- 2.5mm balanced output provides improved soundstage and superior audio performance
- Premium-grade components with new AK4483EQ chip for optimised audio fidelity
- Crisp, bright touchscreen display from LG
- Oleophobic coating reduces unwanted fingerprints
- Can be used as a standalone DAC/AMP when used with a computer
- Long-lasting battery life – up to 17 hours
- Screen: 3.2 inches HD screen
- DSD playback: supported to DSD256
- PCM playback: supported to 768kHz–32bit
- Bluetooth: support LDAC (both ways), aptX (launcher only), AAC (both ways)
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n support DLNA, AirPlay, OTA online update, HiFi cloud music library.
- D/A converter: AK4493EQ x 2
- Amplifier: AD8397 x 2
- Gain: low gain / high gain
- Support Format: DSF, DFF, ISO, DXD, APE, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, AIF, DTS, MP3,
WMA, ACC, OGG, ALAC, MP2, M4C, AC3, M3U, M3U8
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz–384kHz
- Output: single ended output (3.5 mm) / balanced output (2.5 mm)
- Output Power: 130mW@32ohm (3.5 mm) / 300mW@32ohm (2.5 mm)
- Channel separation: 65dB (32 Ohm) /85dB (300 Ohm) – 3.5 mm, 109dB – 2.5 mm
- THD+N: SNR: 121dB
- Output Impedance: ≤0.3 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20HZ 20KHz (-0.5dB)
- External Memory: supported up to 512G TF card
- USB Interface: Type-C (USB2.0)
- Battery: lithium battery for 3400mAH
- Playing Hours: 16-17 hours (3.5 mm) 9-10 hours (2.5 mm)
- Charging Hours: 3-4 hours