View Full Description
Classic Mahogany Body Construction
For the Starstream Type 1 Plus Mahogany, Vox have replaced its mango body with classic mahogany, providing a beautifully deep and resonant tone saturated in a rich, smooth sustain. The mahogany tonewood enhances this guitar’s tone with plenty of depth, while the onboard sounds have been updated to take full advantage of the mahogany’s sonic properties. The Starstream is also equipped with a hard maple neck and a blackwood tek composite fingerboard, creating a crisp attack with the perfect blend of sparkling harmonics, rich fundamentals, and an even tone.
AREOS-D Control Module
Many hours of testing, revising, and reconfiguring the placement and purpose of all controls on the control module ensure players will receive the clearest, easiest, and most flexible functions at their fingertips. There are no confusing complicated submenus - everything you need to have a seamless and musically creative experience with the Starstream Type-1 has been developed to be convenient for every player.
Guitar Models and Overdrive
Not only does the Vox Starstream Type 1 realistically emulate both electric and acoustic guitars, it also features digital overdrive which can be added and modified within the control module for on-the-fly adjustments. Including 5 electric guitar models and 6 acoustic models, the Vox Starstream is extremely versatile and the perfect choice for players requiring an array of tones and instant switching capabilities.
For the Type 1 Plus version of the Starstream, Vox have added a much-requested passive mode which lets players perform with the guitar without needing a power supply. This is ideal for musicians wanting to strip the Starstream back to its roots and deliver a truly classic performance. Its also handy to have this mode when you run out of juice during a performance, or wanting to conserve power during practices.
Another feature of the Vox guitar which helps set it apart from other guitars, is its incredibly synth modelling section. Using a highly developed DSP logic, and fine-tuning information from the strings, resulted in a stunning synth sound which can be played more comfortably than most other guitar synths, offering less fear of glitches or missed notes and deliver a truly incredible performance.
- Plus mahogany model updates onboard sounds to take advantage of the resonant mahogany body
- Passive mode lets you perform with the Starstream without the need to supply battery power to the modelling system
- Exclusively developed AREOS-D system, uses the guitar’s magnetic pickups to create the electric guitar models for greater realism and accuracy
- Nine banks of instruments with three variations in each plus
- Two user banks to store up to six favourites
- Five banks with classic and modern electric single coil and humbucking sounds, plus three variations of electric 12-string.
- Two acoustic banks featuring six different guitars including small body, large body, 12-string and nylon string instruments
- Banjo, sitar and resonator models featured on the ‘Other’ bank
- The Special bank contains two synthesizer variations (Synth and Bass Synth)
- For Synth, you can control both Decay and Attack parameters at once using the Tone knob
- Using the Tone control, both Envelope and Resonance parameters are adjusted simultaneously for Bass Synth
- On board Drive and Reverb (model dependent) control for real-time adjustments to gain or reverb depth.
- FX push button with an LED for instantaneous on/off switching of Reverb or Drive effect
- Synth sounds track effortlessly and respond dynamically to touch, pick attack and vibrato
- Simple, intuitive volume, tone and three-way model variation selector controls make changes quick and easy
- 1/4” output for live performance or recording and 1/8” output for use with headphones for private listening and practice
Body & Bridge
- Body: Mahogany
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Bridge: 2-Post Tremolo
- Finish: Black Frame & Black Body
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.125''
- Fingerboard: Blackwood Tek Sustainable Wood Composite
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut Width: 43 mm
Electronics & Hardware
- Electronics: AREOS-D System
- Bridge Pickup: Vox XLM Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Vox XLM Humbucker
- Additional Pickup: Piezo Pickup in Each Saddle
- Controls: 3-Position Model Switch, Group Selector, Volume, Tone, Drive/Reverb, Power, FX/Cancel, Write
- Number of Sounds: 27 (9 banks x 3)
- User Programs: 6 (2 Banks x 3)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4'' Jack (Guitar Output), 1 x 1/8'' Jack (Headphone)
- Power Requirements: 4 x AA Batteries
- Case Included: Gig Bag
- Accessories: Tremolo Arm, Adjustment Wrench