View Full Description
A Popular Choice
The TH30H is one of the most popular heads in the Orange range due to its immense range of tones that can be dialed in from just six controls knobs. Equipped with four classic EL84 valves, the TH30H delivers an crisp tone, with a rich overdrive when pushed to the limit. Throughout the years, the EL84 tone has gained a worldwide reputation amongst Country pickers, Blues, Pop, Funk and Indie artists for their classy, bell-like cleans, crunch and controlled natural compression.
This class A rated amp head offers a versatile choice of three outputs including 7, 15 and 30 watts allowing you to tailor the amp to the situation. This is ideal for times where extra power is needed, or scaled down for smaller performances.
The TH30H benefits from twin channels, that allows enhanced versatility in one compact unit. The Clean channel produces sweet, crystalline cleans, right up to the point of breakup. When you plug into the clean channel on the Thunder 30 you will be presented with one of the most evenly voiced, glistening clean tones you have ever heard. Harmonics will jump out of your guitar, providing you with a truly unique tone. In addition, the Clean Channel features EQ shape control offering a variety of tones from classic rock through to scooped metal with all variations in between.
The Dirty channel offers powerful shape control and sweeps the midrange from scooped to boosted, as well as providing complex harmonic overtones even at maximum gain settings. When switched to the dirty channel you can achieve a host of new tones and gain that have never been heard on an Orange, and will add inspiration to your performances.
Classic Orange Appearance
The Thunder TH30H features classic orange appointments including hieroglyphs and signature picture frame edging, along with standard orange vinyl covering. Made from solid 18mm plywood, this retro-looking amp head is solid, rugged and durable. Reinforced corners also add to the sturdy construction, and ensure that the internal components are protected. The additional built in carry handle means this compact amp head can be easily transported between performances.
- Foot-switchable twin channel including Dirty and Clean
- Equipped with EL84 valves for a classic crisp tone
- Switchable output offering 7, 15 and 30 Watts for added power when needed
- Classic Orange hieroglyphs and signature picture frame
- Includes a low impedance valve buffered effects loop
- Control options include dirty volume, shape, gain, clean treble, bass and volume
- Solid durable 18mm plywood housing ensures internal components are protected
- Lightweight with carry handle for portable use
- Reinforced corners for added protection during transit
- Sturdy rubber feet to eliminate slippage caused by vibrations on stage
- Controls: Dirty Volume, Shape, Gain, Clean Treble, Bass and Volume
- Output Power: 7, 15 or 30 Watts
- Power Amp: 4 X EL84
- Preamp: 4 x ECC83/12AX7
- FX Loop: 1 x ECC81/12AT7
- Speaker Output:
- 1 x 16 OHM Cabinet connected to the 16 OHM Output
- 1 x 8 OHM Cabinet connected to one of the 8 OHM outputs
- 2 x 16 OHM Cabinets each connected to one of the 8 OHM outputs
- Dimensions: 55 X 27 X 24 CM (21.65 X 10.63 9.45″)
- Weight: 15.55 KG (34.28 LB)
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.