Quality Sitka Spruce & East Indian Rosewood Construction
The Martin D-28 features a solid sitka spruce top that produces a distinct sound, accommodating numerous genres and techniques with ease; from lighter fingerpicking styles, to heavier more aggressive strumming patterns. In addition, its sitka spruce top also yields a crisp and articulate tone with a broad dynamic range, and a focused, clear sound of deep lows, warm mid-range, and bright singing highs. The D-28's solid top is accompanied by East Indian rosewood back and sides that add a strong bass response with a subtle hint of brightness. Additionally, the D-28's East Indian rosewood back and sides also produce a deep warm bass with swelling overtones and warm sparkling highs.
Durable Neck & Ebony Fingerboard
Constructed from select hardwood, the D-28's neck offers a quick and dynamic response as well as being durable. With its dovetail joint, the neck is certain to stay put and is less likely to twist and warp over time. In addition, the neck also has a low profile which provides a smooth and comfortable platform for the left hand. To prevent 'gig-hands' from sticking, the neck has a satin finish that provides a slick playing experience for those that move up and down the fingerboard regularly at a faster pace. Furthermore, the neck is topped with an extremely responsive ebony fingerboard that adds a crisp, bright attack to the overall sound as well as smooth long-lasting sustain. Lastly, the ebony fingerboard is matched with an ebony bridge that also apply clarity and a well defined punch.
D-14 Fret Body
The Martin D-28 features a traditional western dreadnought body, which projects an enormous voice yet maintains overall tonal balance. In addition, the D-14 fret body from Martin is most well known for its incredible bass response and superior projection, perfect for a full, rich and bold acoustic performance. Additionally, the D-14 fret and its mixture of stunning timbers enables the player to achieve numerous genres and techniques with equal ease, although it performs particularly well within bluegrass and folk music. The D-28 also has a superbly powerful acoustic voice which sits beautifully within a live mix, as well as being an ideal vocal accompaniment. Furthermore, using the blend of power and articulation, Martin's dreadnought body gives the player everything expected from dreadnought sizing, but with a premium, high quality tonal output, and Martin's superior construction and design.
Plek Technology uses a computer-controlled machine that carefully measures each fret along with the fingerboard height under each string. This innovative Plek Technology then automatically dresses each fret, virtually eliminating string buzz and greatly improving the overall playability of the guitar. This pioneering process does the same work in a matter of minutes in comparison to how long it takes a luthier to complete the same job which can take up to several hours, sometimes even days to accomplish.
Non-Scalloped X Bracing
With non-scalloped X bracing, the Martin D-28's top is able to vibrate freely yet remains stable and secure, offering superb projection and volume with an enhanced tonal output. Overall, non-scalloped X bracing reinforces the guitar's structure, stops guitars from collapsing under string tension, and shapes the guitar's tonal output for a richer, louder, more expressive tone.
Real Bone Nut
The D-28 features a real bone nut, which offers excellent resonance and sustain, along with an authentic appearance. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
- Mic up in a studio environment for an organic and sonically pleasing acoustic recording
- Perfect for the serious collector and more professional musician
- Dreadnought body accommodates a variety of different playing styles & genres with ease
- Solid East Indian rosewood body with solid sitka spruce top delivers broad dynamics & powerful bass response
- Solid sitka spruce top provides bright and versatile tonal output
- Excellent bass response with articulate highs, perfect for light picking styles to meaty chords
- Plek process for enhanced playability
- Gloss finish, black pickguard, chrome hardware and mother of pearl style 28 inlays offers premium Martin look with traditional ornate details
- Bone nut for added resonance and sustain
- Enclosed gear machineheads for precise and easy tuning
Body & Bridge
- Model: D-28
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Body Type: Dreadnought
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Binding: White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Finish: Gloss
- Colour: Natural
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Profile: Low Profile
- Neck Taper: Standard
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Colour: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Number of Frets: 20
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Enclosed Gear
- Knobs: Large
- Pickguard: Black Plastic
- Case: Molded Hardshell Case Included
Please note: Martin do not ship their guitars with the strap button installed on the bottom of the guitar. They do this to avoid any impact cracks that may occur during shipping. You can find your strap button inside the case compartment.