View Full Description
Crystal-clear amplified sound
An electronic system that retains your natural acoustic warmth and resonance. The Martin 0X2MAE comes fitted with a superb Fishman Sonitone preamp that delivers everything you play with industry-leading clarity.
Many electro acoustic pickup systems fail to provide authentic acoustic sound when playing at high volume. This is not a problem you'll ever have with the 0X2MAE. The Sonitone's active electronic pickup system is designed to communicate your guitar's exact voice at high output. This makes the guitar superb for live performance in larger venues. It's an instrument that'll never make you sacrifice warmth or fidelity.
Play with freedom
An instrument that holds you back is useless. To be truly creative, you need a guitar that gives you the ability to play without restraint. That's exactly what you get with the Left Handed Martin 0X2MAE Electro Acoustic. It features a slim, tapered neck that provides you with the optimum playing experience.
The neck will sit comfortably in the palm of your hand, meaning cramp will become a thing of the past. This is fantastic for allowing you to play on for hours, whether you're writing, performing, practicing, or in the studio. You'll also be able to play with dynamism and speed thanks to the neck's slick feel. Moving up and down the scale to hit chords and notes in up-tempo songs will be easy. Always play exactly how you want to.
Durable and long-lasting
With the 0X2MAE, Martin have endeavoured to create an electro acoustic that is perfectly built for taking out on tour. And they've succeeded. The guitar is incredibly strong and sturdy thanks to the body's construction from mahogany high-pressure laminate.
By treating multiple layers of the wood under high pressure and heat, you're left with an extremely tough material that's ideal for ensuring strength in a guitar. As a result, the instrument is less susceptible to damage from the everyday bumps and scrapes that go hand-in-hand with a demanding touring schedule. You can be certain that your guitar is crafted in the best possible way to make sure it's always fit and able to perform, night after night.
Beautiful natural appearance
Elegance through simplicity. It's often forgotten that you don't always have to reinvent the wheel to create something that looks amazing. The back-to-basics style of the Martin 0X2MAE affords it its own, individual level of beauty. The stunning pattern of the mahogany wood top appears luxurious and classy, while a herringbone ink rosette adorned around the soundhole adds an extra touch of distinction.
This is style that's designed to last, too. The high-pressure laminate used for the body isn't only extremely strong, but also more resistant to heat and scratches than the majority of woods used to make guitars. Thanks to this, your instrument's striking finish will stay pristine for longer.
Tone that's always crisp and sharp
Benefit from superb definition in your music. The 0X2MAE Left Handed has a richlite fingerboard, perfect for adding sharpness to every note that you play. Richlite has been intricately designed to provide a stronger, more consistent alternative to standard tonewoods. It's extremely long-lasting, resistant to warping, and delivers tremendous tone that makes your music sound brilliantly clear, no matter the pitch you're playing at.
- Body Size: 0-14 Fret
- Construction: Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 0.3125"
- Heelcap: Black
- Top Material: High-Pressure Laminate
- Back Material: High-Pressure Laminate
- Side Material: High-Pressure Laminate
- Top Detail: Mahogany Pattern
- Back Detail: Mahogany Pattern
- Side Detail: Mahogany Pattern
- Rosette: Herringbone Ink
Neck and Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Rust Birch Laminate
- Neck Finish: Hand Rubbed
- No. of Frets (Total): 20
- No. of Frets (Before Joint): 14
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Side Dots: White
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Fingerboard Width (At 12th Fret): 2.125"
- Fingerboard Width (At Nut): 1.75"
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
Hardware and Electronics
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2.15625"
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Headstock Shape: Solid w/Standard Taper
- Headstock Material: High-Performance Laminate
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Knob: Small
- Nut Material: White Corian