View Full Description
Solid Engelmann Spruce Top & Solid Indonesian Trembesi Body
The Faith Trembesi Neptune features an entire solid wood construction for a superior tone and an incredible dynamic response. Its solid engelmann spruce top yields crisp articulation and a slightly richer mid-range than sitka spruce. The solid top's smooth tone provides a versatile soundboard that is able to accommodate a wide variety of genres and techniques with equal ease, from lighter fingerpicking styles to meaty chords. Furthermore, the solid engelmann spruce top is attached to solid Indonesian trembesi back and sides, producing warmth, resonance and a subtle hint of bright sparkle, superb bass response while also being beautifully-balanced across the tonal spectrum. The overall tone produced provides the player with a surprisingly loud and responsive instrument with evenly balanced dynamics.
Mahogany Neck & Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the player receives a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. In addition, the neck features Patrick James Eggle's bolt-on design for added strength and durability. Furthermore, the neck is topped with a Macassan figured ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
Baby Jumbo Neptune Body
The Faith Trembesi Neptune features a scaled down jumbo body, providing the player with the same powerful voice that a full-sized and more traditional jumbo can project, but within a more comfortable size. Its size is also ideal for those that find full-sized jumbos a little to much to handle as the baby jumbo is easy to hold close to the body and offers comfort throughout both seated and standing performance. For added comfort, the Trembesi Neptune also features a venetian cutaway profile, offering easy access to upper frets and more challenging chords with ease. Removing the bulky body and replacing it with a slimmer, more compact size and a 16'' lower bout also provides comfort, and sonically produces plenty of balance, definition and superb acoustic volume. Furthermore, with its sonically-powerful body, combination of solid timbers, and legendary Patrick James Eggle bracing, the Faith Trembesi Neptune delivers a harmonically-rich tonality that is expected on higher-end instruments.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to the guitar with a rich, beautifully balanced tone and superb projection.
Patrick James Eggle & Faith
Patrick James Eggle had a major input to the design of many of the Faith family and built his first guitar at the age of fifteen as a school project. By the time he had completed it, he was already completely dissatisfied by the outcome of his project, and decided to pull it apart and start again from scratch. This started a life long obsession which lead him to fame and has now gained an incredible reputation among collectors and players for his uncompromising quality and amazing eye for a tasteful design. His commitment to producing guitars of the highest quality tone, finish, and playability is extremely popular. Faith was created in 2002 by an exclusive group of veteran guitar specialists, led by the legend himself Patrick James Eggle. He has trained each new staff member in hand-building and hand-finishing techniques that have characterised Patrick James Eggle guitars for decades.
With workshops located in West Java, Indonesia, Faith have dedicated their working lives to both sustainable and ethical manufacturing processes, and are extremely conscious of environmental and human resource concerns. Each Faith model is produced in accordance with this vision and radiates the elegance of craftsmanship and superior tonal sounds for which Patrick James Eggle's designs are so well known.
- Hard case included for protection when on-the-go
- All-solid wood construction for a rich sonic performance
- Solid Indonesian ebony binding for added aesthetic appeal
- Grover rotomatic machineheads for precise and easy tuning
- Faith's iconic mother of pearl 'F' logo for added aesthetic appeal
- Responsive on-board electronics make the Trembesi Venus perfect for live performance
- Indonesian trembesi back and sides offer a visually striking, and stunningly exquisite grain pattern
- Solid engelmann spruce produces an incredibly versatile sonic-footprint, perfect for a wide variety of techniques
- Solid Indonesian trembesi's tonal output falls between the sonic-characteristics of rosewood and mahogany
- Gold hardware, black buttons, gloss top with satin body, and abalone rosette provides performance-ready appearance
- Neptune baby jumbo body projects powerful acoustic voice that is able to accommodate numerous picking techniques and genres with ease
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Indonesian Trembesi
- Body Type: Neptune - Baby Jumbo Cutaway
- Bridge Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Type: Modern, Belly Down
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony w/ Abalone Dots
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Brace Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Rosette: 5 mm Abalone w/ Fibre Border
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Finish Back/Sides: Satin
- Colour: Natural
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 43
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 650 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Gold
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatic w/ Black Buttons
- Pickup: Shadow Nanoflex
- Preamp: Shadow Performer Tuner
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Tuner/Bass/Treble
- Case: Hardcase Included