View Full Description
These naked, stripped back guitar models have been designed to offer the very essence of the Faith brand at a more accessible price point than their other models, an idea extremely appealing to many modern guitarists.
The Faith brand doesn't lend itself to a 'budget' build though so don't be fooled into thinking these are anything less than quality guitars. Whilst seeking to make Faith guitars that were more accessible to a larger number of musicians Faith creator, Patrick James Eggle and the rest of the Faith team, set out to strip back their guitar designs whilst still retaining all the key Faith elements. Faith pride themselves on producing hand-crafted, all-solid, immensely resonant guitars and this hasn't changed with this Naked series.
Hand crafted by skilled Luthiers, this guitar retains the integrity of tone which Faith guitars possess but by removing some of the more fussy cosmetic adornments the FKV Venus is available at a very affordable price. The Naked Venus guitar consists of a Solid Engelmann Spruce top and Solid Mahogany back and sides; a two-stage satin finish all over; an ebony fingerboard, bridge and head plate; chrome plated Machine heads; and a 2mm abalone sound hole rosette. This Electro Cutaway FKV Venus model also features the same Shadow PerformerTuner preamp and Nanoflex pickup found on the Faith Natural series.
The FKV Venus has a Mahogany back and sides and as such delivers a tone focused on the mid-range. The tonal characteristics would look like a frown if visualised on a frequency curve; lower at the bass, curving up through the middle and dipping again at the top end. The Venus? tone is warm and sweet meaning all the notes blend well together. This makes the Naked series ideal for strumming and accompaniment purposes and means it will sit comfortably in a mix.
Faith believe Satin finished guitars sound livelier as the unrestrained tonewood can move more freely allowing more sympathetic resonance throughout the instrument and creating a more naturally 'woody' tone. This tone is equally evident in the Naked Series which has a simple 2-stage satin finish on the top, back and sides letting the guitar breathe and move with no restriction.
Body & Bridge:
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce (2 Stage Satin)
- Back Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Side Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Binding: N/A
- Bracing Material Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 2mm Abalone
- Bridge: Indonesian Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots Finish
- Finish Type: 2 Stage Satin all over
Neck & Fingerboard:
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Indonesian Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Nut/Saddle: NuBone
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Trussrod: 2 Way
Pickups and Hardware:
- Machine Head: Faith Precision Chrome
- Pickup/Preamp: Shadow PerformerTuner Preamp / Shadow Nanoflex Pickup