Who we areView all information
Gear4music Limited was launched in 2003, and has become one of the largest e-commerce websites for musical instruments and equipment in the UK. In 2012 we also launched Gear4music in 15 different languages, and we are now one of the fastest growing music companies in Europe.
We are a people company with a software background. Input, ideas and innovations are welcomed and encouraged from everyone in the team. This is an open, collaborative and friendly environment. Help is always at hand, we work in a supportive learning environment where our developers and engineers are challenged to use their skills and creativity to overcome a range of unsolved problems.
Being at the forefront of online retail requires continual investment and development in our front and back-end web systems.
The Project Manager ensures the successful delivery of multiple, concurrent application software and general IT projects. We have introduced agile delivery methods to deal with the complex and ever-changing environment. We are looking for project managers to be the driving force supporting the development, taking us forward in their daily work as active members of the development team. We aim to always work with cutting edge web technology, be innovative and position ourselves ahead of the industry competition.
- Manage software development and ensure the successful on-time delivery projects with the highest priority.
- Gather, develop and clarify requirements to ensure tasks are raised and allocated appropriately.
- Work closely with the Business stakeholders to analyse and understand client and business needs.
- Coordinate the repeated on-time delivery of sprints and effectively communicate progress and status to the stakeholders.
- Establish the planning and ensure resources are scheduled according to the company’s overall programme of priorities.
- Ensure key elements of the process, such as sprint kick-off meetings are held in an efficient and organized manner, focused on the desired outcome.
- Cooperate with all team members, whilst remaining objective regarding their responsibilities and allowing the team sufficient self-management freedom to deliver against the requirements.
- Agree the baseline scope for the project with key stakeholders and follow the change process as defined by the project PMO
- Development and maintenance of project timelines and resource plans at various levels of detail
- Defining and documenting the project approach and plan for delivery, detailing deliverables and measures of success
- Ensuring risk is assessed and monitored on an ongoing basis and issues are escalated effectively and managed to resolution
- Ensure the resources allocated to delivering the requirements are adequate, raise resourcing issues as appropriate.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Assume product ownership when required.
- Experience in online and/ or E-commerce software is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of software architecture and integration is desirable
- Exceptional English communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects applying Agile methodologies.
- An inquisitive nature, not easily overwhelmed, comfortable communicating in open forums with peers and senior staff alike, resourceful and with excellent negotiation skills.
- Self-starter, firm but friendly character, able to obtain respect from colleagues and with a likeable manner to get the most out of people.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
We value your wellbeing and want to ensure you have a lifestyle that helps you get the best of your work and your free time, with that in mind we offer a flexible working hours policy. We are constantly reviewing our packages and perks, below is a selection:
- Great salary
- Share options
- Employer pension scheme
- Staff discount on all musical equipment
- Monthly meals out on the company
- Monthly night out on the company
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit bowl each week
- Eyecare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme worth £1000 per hire
- Flexible working
- No dress code
- Plus many more to be added...