The Role:View All Information
We are seeking an Analyst/Product Owner from an IT (preferably ecommerce) background, with experience of gathering requirements for software development and systems integration.
The right candidate will be capable of working on their own initiative to gather requirements from the wider business during the early phases phase of a project, creating functional and technical documentation, and accurately relaying that information to our development teams.
- Lead requirements gathering from the wider business using a variety of approaches
- Capture and understand business requirements, acting as the interface between business and technical teams
- Produce requirements documentation including user stories, user journeys and other appropriate formats (dependant on the project)
- Act as the product owner during SCRUM process
- Ensure proposed solutions support requested requirements and fit criteria advised by the wider business
- Develop effective relationships with the wider business
- Ensure timely reporting of progress, exceptions, and project risks and issues
- Proven experience of business and systems analysis within an IT development environment
- Experience of translating business requirements into deliverable solutions
- Comfortable breaking projects down into user stories and tasks based on defined criteria
- Experience of IT technologies and systems (ideally including ecommerce experience)
Ideal Personal Traits
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to gather and understand requirements
- Self-motivated, comfortable working independently
- Able to communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly language
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Previous role within a fast-paced and challenging business environment
- Exposure to SCRUM methodology and associated documentation approaches, processes and techniques
- Comfortable acting as a product owner with responsibility for prioritisation and ownership of requirements and scope
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple concurrent projects with conflicting priorities
- Industry recognised qualification in business analysis
- Prior experience working closely with internal development teams and third party providers
- Experience of the Atlassian suite of products
Gear4music is all about making quality music gear more accessible and affordable for musicians, from beginners and enthusiasts through to professionals. Our mission is to become the best musical instrument and equipment retailer in Europe.
We believe we can achieve this by leveraging technology to deliver an industry-leading customer experience, providing the products our customers want delivered to them quickly and efficiently.
Our specialist market knowledge has already helped us to become the largest UK based retailer, and we are now making fast progress into European markets.
A bespoke ecommerce platform allows us to efficiently operate 19 websites, in 15 languages and 8 currencies, and as we develop this platform further, widen our product ranges and increase our marketing reach, we believe we can continue to grow our share of the £4.3bn European market.
Our reward package is designed to offer you a great salary and a comprehensive range of employee benefits including but not limited to; Share options, employee pension scheme, staff discount on all musical equipment and much more.
Interested in learning more? Email Mark.Heywood@gear4music.com to arrange a confidential and informal chat.