Who we areView all information
We are the largest UK-based online retailer of musical instruments and equipment. Our dedicated software development team has been established in Manchester for almost 15 years. Our continued success and growth allowed us to list on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015. We are growing, come and grow with us and be part of the story.
Being at the forefront of online retail requires continual investment and development in our front and back-end web systems.
We're looking for Junior, Mid and Senior creative web developers who can bring fresh ideas from all areas enabling us to develop a market leading e-commerce website and provide the best customer experience possible. We need versatile developers who display leadership qualities and are enthusiastic about tackling new problems across a range of business areas.
Our senior developers aren't just great coders; they raise the bar for the whole business. They share their knowledge across the organisation, mentor upcoming talent and, more than anyone else, 'get it' and get it done.
- You will be responsible for feature development and testing, adding business value and boosting conversions.
- You will collaborate with key stakeholders and team members to define feature specifications and be involved in technical discussions.
- Working with the operations team you’ll help improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services and build new features with consideration for testability and extensibility.
- You will ensure that technical decisions support our goals of performance, quality, reliability, scalability and security.
A solid understanding of interface development with the following:
- A background in commercial development, most likely on e-commerce or high volume transactional systems.
- background in OO PHP and associated practices.
- A track record of constant learning and understanding of software patterns.
- An interest in performance (from micro-optimisations in PHP code, MySQL schemas a queries through to progressive web)
- Experience with Cloud Computing
- Production experience with UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience building highly scalable and complex distributed systems
- Strong MySQL knowledge, working with large & complex schemas, an interest in performance
- Experience with any of the following is a plus (but none are required): Elasticsearch, Solr, Composer, Vagrant, Capistrano, Puppet, GitHub, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Codeception, PHPUnit, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, App Engine, Datastore, xhprof.
If you are interested to learn more then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential and informal chat.