E-commerce packaging specialist
Gear4music, the UK’s leading online retailer of music equipment and instruments, are looking for an outstanding packaging expert to support our industry leading growth in the UK and abroad.View All Information
As a leading e-commerce retailer, packaging is a critical part of delivering an exceptional customer service experience. The successful candidate for this new role will have responsibility for all aspects of the packaging journey to position Gear4music amongst the industry leading internet retailers, continually exceeding customer’s expectations.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about delivering rapid change by taking ownership of all steps in the packaging process. It will be a varied role and we need someone with drive, initiative, energy, and a passion to exceed expectations. You will be excited by the opportunity to take full responsibility in a fast moving, fast growing e-commerce business and make a tangible difference to every one of our 1.3 million customers.
The role is based in York and may require occasional travel.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the sourcing and management of suppliers providing materials to ensure that the company’s packaging needs are met, considering design, price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply at competitive prices
- Supporting suppliers in developing appropriate packaging solutions for all products across our huge range of music equipment whilst considering operational issues
- Ensuring cost efficient, high quality packaging solutions as well as smooth and cost efficient flows of packaging to all Gear4music locations
- Developing market leading packaging solutions, then implementing continuous improvement to secure Gear4music’s position as a best-in-class internet retailer
- Developing and implementing optimum processes for the packing teams at all distribution centres to ensure consistency and efficiency across all European locations
- Supporting the Gear4music own-brand team to refine packaging across the wide range of Gear4music music equipment
Experience & Qualifications required:
- A background in packaging or product design, including knowledge of packaging structural design
- You must possess a strong and positive character, professional presence and be calmly effective at all levels of communication
- You will be an innovative person, who can focus on how the final parcels will look and how the packaging will exceed customers’ expectations
- Demonstrate an understanding of financial metrics to reduce packaging costs for the business whilst ensuring outstanding quality to the customer
- Ability to add value and make business improvements
- Experience managing and negotiating with suppliers
- Good organisational and good problem solving skills
- Good understanding of the crucial impact of packaging to the wider business and its customers
- Salary range: £27,000 to £31,000 based on skills and experience.
- 39.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am-5:30pm.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.