Buyer – Music Products
Buyer RoleView All Information
Being committed to the continual development, improvement and extension of our product ranges, we have a requirement for a number of procurement specialists to help us source, evaluate and promote new and existing products.
Working from our head office in York, you will be liaising with our purchasing team and suppliers on a daily basis, and you will occasionally be required to travel to international music exhibitions and events.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have an extensive product knowledge of:
- PA & Lighting
- Orchestral Instruments
- DJ Equipment
- Drums & Percussion
- Studio and Production
- Piano and Keys
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience within a commerce environment is essential, including; sourcing, buying & selling products, and experience of price-setting, margins and mark-ups (this experience may be in a different trade industry).
- Extensive knowledge of products, equipment and markets in one of the areas stated above.
- A background in an MI retail environment with purchasing experience preferred.
- Commercially astute with the desire to drive and improve an already established product group.
- I.T. literate.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
As market leaders, Gear4music are able to offer highly competitive remuneration packages.
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to take the next step with your career, then please apply in confidence with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org